Apexi brackets - help needed

Started by Anonymous, August 18, 2003, 20:32

Anonymous

Just got the filter - before I install it this w/e, can anyone save me the trouble of trying to figure out how the brackets go (Darth Paul - I remember you had some tips - but I can't recall specifics).

Many thanks,

Mike

Slacey

If no-one else has responded by tomorrow night I can take some detailed pics of mine, as the heat shield isn't attached at the moment - you can see the brackets quite well.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

It's easier to assemble the filter, feed pipe, and brackets (I didn't bother with the heat-shield when I took mine out recently) in-situ.

The "traditional" approach is to assemble everything first and then slide it into place, but i) you won't get the brackets right first time, and ii) it's a sod to squeeze into place. Just assemble all the bits in-place, and it's more obvious. You'll need to be a bit creative with your socket set, but overall I think it's easier.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"If no-one else has responded by tomorrow night I can take some detailed pics of mine, as the heat shield isn't attached at the moment - you can see the brackets quite well.

Cheers, that would be great help.

Mike

Slacey

OK, will be around 5:30 tonight.

Slacey

Well Mike, you might make some use of these, but to be honest, they are the best of a bad bunch, it's really awkward to get the camera in for decent pics!
Oh, and bear in mind, they are at funny angles - you can work out which way up stuff is though....   s:? :? s:?  

Let me know how you get on!

Anonymous

Many thanks for the pictures

Quote from: "Slacey"Let me know how you get on!

Will do (fingers crossed)...  s:? :? s:?

Tags: