6 cd changer

Started by gun41, August 8, 2005, 22:56

gun41

Hi
ordered my MR2 for september delivery

still considering a couple of dealer options

6 cd changer £305 + fitting

is this my best (+ cheapest) option

seen a new Alpine CHM-S630 6 Disc Changer with a Toyota-Alpine Interface on ebay £140 - how difficult are they t fit?

is this has good as the official toyoya unit?
2005 55 Plate, Silver, Red Leather Seats, TTE Style Bar, TTE Rear Sports spoiler, Chrome Fuel Surround

Anonymous

Holly cr*p, you must be kidding!  You can pick a Sony 10 disc changer up for as little as £80 and that's from the High Street...

Not sure what make the Toyota changer is but given their link to Panasonic, I assume that's what it is.  In which case it most likely retails around the £100-£150 area.  Audioleads makes adapters for almost every car and every stereo under the sun and I'm sure the new MR2 stereo is used in other models as well (in case you don't find a MR2 specific adapter).

ninjinski

Actually that bodes the question? Just what changer could you fit to the stock fisher price unit, if any?

s:) :) s:)  Before anyone askes - I cant change my head unit as its got the sat nav option installed.

Cheers
Sable

PERF: TTE TURBO & exhaust, BC Coilovers Markii inlet TRD brace SP Downpipe Exedy Cerametalic Clutch TRD Short Shifter w brass bushings EBC discs/pads OMP steering wheel, front diffuser
ICE: JVC headunit JBL P652s Alpine SWD1600 & 2000 woofers Kenwood 600W amp
EXTERNAL: Mr T spoiler. black brake calipers Dynamat Toyota dust caps Dev\'s keyhole covers Simon\'s hairpins
INTERNAL: Red leather Carbon sill guards TRD stickers Mongo deflectors Chrome gear & dial surrounds Gregg\'s custom logo plate Taurec gauges

Anonymous

GSB

Quote from: "emzipoo4u"http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-CDX-656-10-Disc-CD-Changer-Full-Warranty_W0QQitemZ5795453516QQcategoryZ75305QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How easy to fit???

Astoundingly easy... Assuming you already have a Sony Head Unit;

Fit changer into luggage bin using brackets provided. 10mins

Pull the single cable in from the bin to the head unit. 20 mins to do the job properly.

Plug lead into head unit. 10mins as it requires the wrist articulation and fingertip sensitivity of a blind gyneacologist.

Plug lead into cd changer and stock with cds. 30 secs.

It really is that simple...

Gun41, If I were you I'd simply pull the factory head unit out and fit a proper on instead. For the price of Toyotas cd changer you can pick up a Head unit and changer of far greater quality. Due to my impending upgrade to an ipod, I am about to offer most of what you see here for sale in the buy/sell forum.

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tags: