10K Boost

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2005, 09:35

Anonymous

Ran a can of this through the engine a couple of days ago. I honestly didn't know if it would make any difference. Especially as we've only ever run the 2 on Optimax, which in theory cleans out the engine anyway.

The result, however, was well worth the £20 I paid for it. The engine now feels really responsive and keen to rev. It makes a harder edged noise as well. In short its well worth doing and begs the question, how much good does Optimax do. On average it costs an extra £4 to fill up with optimax over std unleaded, whereas 10K Boost should be used once a year or 10K miles. It's easy to see which looks like the best option - just depends whether or not you want fuel with a higher ocatne rating I guess  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

So where do you get this magic juice & does it go by the name 10K Boost   s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

MRMike

IS it the RedX stuff? If so I've found that to be quite good too..I was a bit worried putting it in, but if you do it early enough so that no deposit builds up initially I think it's fine
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

markiii

it is called 10k boost and it comes in an aerosol you speray into teh intake post filter.

and I've used it for a couple of years.

it does work well.

but then at £20 a can it needs to.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

Ah! I see the RedX stuff is a liquid that is a fuel additive..have to give the other one a try.

What is it actually cleaning ? MAF? manifold?

Cheers,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

aaronjb

Quote from: "MRMike"What is it actually cleaning ? MAF? manifold?

10k Boost is .. well, it cleans the inside of your engine, basically (and probably the throttle butterfly to an extent). It's a product that you spray into the air intake after the filter & MAF, gets sucked into the combustion chamber and burns in there, and in the process dissolves any carbon deposits (of which there can be quite a bit) and chucks it out via the exhaust..

Supposedly works very well (and is safe on CATs and O2 sensors).
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

heathstimpson

I have always used the Forte cleaner that is added to the fuel and found this to be very good.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

put 10k boost through and you will be amazed at how much shit comes out fo your exhaust.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Quote from: "markiii"put 10k boost through and you will be amazed at how much s**t comes out fo your exhaust.
Will give it a go; can it be bought anywhere  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

probably if halfords stock it.

Anonymous

aaronjb, Says it's safe for Cats ??

If it throws out so much Carbon SH*t from the exhaust must have a clogging effect on the Cats, particularly pre-cats.

s:( :( s:(    s:? :? s:?  nervous as hell about still having my precats in place wouldn't like to pre-empt a situation. Is it better having the carbon "Stuck" inside the engine than risk pre-cat failure.

Tem

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I have always used the Forte cleaner that is added to the fuel and found this to be very good.

Forte is very popular over here. Also the engine cleaner that's used in(stead) of the oil when you change it.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

It's sold in Halfords, there's a deisel version and a petrol version. I sprayed mine after the MAF but on the can it only mentions Vauxhall MAFs as being ones that are affected.

It's quite easy to do, I simply loosened the clip on the air pipe after the MAF and pulled it down slightly so there was just enough room to get a tube (made from a biro case with the end cut off) in, through which I could spray the 10K Boost. I think if you pulled the whole pipe off the engine would stall. You can rev the engine by pulling the throttle cable, which is sort of towards the firewall attached to the throttle body.

Once you've done the full can give the car a good thraping around some deserted country lanes.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tags: