Discussion ref TTE Turbo

Started by markiii, September 9, 2005, 10:04

dreambackup

it's on the streets  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

anyway, I'm looking for pictures of the bracing but think I remember seeing it as a lot of bracing everywhere under the car... I'll post pictures later... when I find them  s:? :? s:?  !
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

Being a factory turbo, turbo reliability is a plus for TTE compared to other turbo kits available. The fact that custom chassis mod has been offered for this kit suggests that Toyota has paid adequate attention in making this kit as reliable and safe as possible.

Deciding upon 200bhp on this kit is probably a decision Toyota has made based on the tolerance level of the stock 1ZZ-FE engine. Thus, one can enjoy factory turbo without worrying any reliability issues with stock internals. I would not change anything of the turbo if I get it as I don't wish to upset the performance balance Toyota has strived for this kit.

If there's anyone who wishes to get a bigger injector, or up his boost, he/she is better off getting some other turbo kit in the market. The fact that TTE turbo runs at a premium probably suggests the amount of time and R&D it has spent to make this turbo as reliable as possible. So why ruin it? I know I won't. 200bhp is more than enough for our nimble 2.

I do have a question though. Does TTE offer this kit alone to overseas customers (just kit and not including installation etc)? If they do, I will most likely go for this, as I have 100% confidence it will offer the utmost bolt-on reliability compared to other aftermarket turbo kits.

Anonymous

So.... anyone knows how we can order a fit for our cars?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aureus"So.... anyone knows how we can order a fit for our cars?

yep, go to Essen, and get a resonable discount then
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "simontan75"Deciding upon 200bhp on this kit is probably a decision Toyota has made based on the tolerance level of the stock 1ZZ-FE engine.
The official kit comes with a power output of 185BHP not 200 I believe  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Bongo

And made due to regulations and not because of anything to do with the engine?

Anonymous

Tough decission

I have a BRS widebody, custom wheels, a Remus exhaust wich is the TTE, TRD header and AEM Cold air intake.

My question is if  they'll install the turbo with all this mods, if they do will they use any of this parts?

spynish

Quote from: "carbayon"Tough decission

I have a BRS widebody, custom wheels, a Remus exhaust wich is the TTE, TRD header and AEM Cold air intake.

My question is if  they'll install the turbo with all this mods, if they do will they use any of this parts?

Hi Juan,

Can not resist turbocharging???   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Got the Monkeywrench pieces to turn into 1.93 cc , Wiseco Pistons, sleeves, Crower cams, Valves, springs, retainers but...........can't find any decent shop in Asturias to make that conversion.

I have all the pieces paid and now only find morons, they say it's 2much work. TTE sounds good, a bit expensive, not 2much power but in the other hand reliable. I need urgent POWER, my shoes are a huge anchor 265/35/18 in the rear.

My biggest concern about TTE or CPower is to take the car to Cologne or Budapest

Have to meet. I'll be in Marbella first 15 days of October

spynish

Hi again Juan,

I haven't talked to them but I'm sure your conversion can be well done here:

http://www.vege.es/visita.php3

They are in Requena, one hour away from Valencia. I would ask there...

Where are you working, mate  s:?: :?: s:?:  

After all the money spent in your body kit/wheels, you have bought all these MWR parts and are going to do the conversion and still have money for going turbo...  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

I'm a little envious...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Uhmmmmmm, that place looks really good, I wonder if they'll do it and how long it could take, obviously they look professionals.

I run and own a construction company in Oviedo. I make money of course but I save some, no family "wife or kids", I just invest in life hapiness (food,drinks,trips,Mr2 and girlfriend). I can consider myself a lucky person.

Tem

Quote from: "carbayon"I have a BRS widebody, custom wheels, a Remus exhaust wich is the TTE, TRD header and AEM Cold air intake.

TRD header and AEM intake has to go. Widebody, wheels and exhaust can stay, unless you want less restrictive exhaust.

Quote from: "carbayon"Got the Monkeywrench pieces to turn into 1.93 cc , Wiseco Pistons, sleeves, Crower cams, Valves, springs, retainers but...........can't find any decent shop in Asturias to make that conversion.

I have all the pieces paid and now only find morons, they say it's 2much work.

You're right, it's too much work and you shouldn't do it. Instead you should sell all that stuff to me  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Prolex-UK

I've just had an email from Freidel @ TTE and he's happy for me to take the completed order form to essen for you (you still get the special offer)

He confirmed that the conversion would take 1 day.

I can recommend a hotel 10 minutes walk form TTE and 3 minutes from the train station to get you into Cologne (wicked night out can be had)

please email me at Prolexuk AT gmail DOT com for the relevant order form.

If the travel is a problem I MAY be able to sort out a deal (post Essen) where I get it fitted at my workshop for a special price. My technician deals with the 500 + Supras and Skylines so is well able to do the job (if required)

However I recommend a trip over ......4 hours from Calais is all   s:D :D s:D
Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse 2010 182 bhp  lovely car !!
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )
http://www.prolex-uk.com

Anonymous

I have vacations first 15 days of october. I was wondering if it would be possible to buy and install at 5500 euros deal before the Essen motorshow

heathstimpson

Quote from: "carbayon"I have vacations first 15 days of october. I was wondering if it would be possible to buy and install at 5500 euros deal before the Essen motorshow
You are desperate matey to get that turbo in; I'm getting more and more tempted by the day  s8) 8) s8)  Don't know if I can get to Essen so may want to take the same route in sorting a discount  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

MadMigMR2

excelent newsssss  s:D :D s:D  

guess it's time for one more road trip to germany

maybee next summer

Time to start saving money   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Toyota MR-S 2001 Monocraft GT300 (2ZZ-GE Swap started @ 2013-01-15 & it\'s not finished yet... Specs to be announced) + BC Racing Coilovers + TRD Replic strut bars kit(by Lampka Motorspor) + CHE Suspension Links)
Blog about my MR-S: http://www.miguelgoncalves.pt | http://www.youtube.com/MadMigMR2  | http://www.facebook.com/miguelgoncalves

spit

Soz guys, I'm a bit hungover and dumb today...  s:P :P s:P  ... 184HP is at the flywheel, yes?

Love that hill-climbing torque curve.... this'll be a real hoot to drive  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"Soz guys, I'm a bit hungover and dumb today...  s:P :P s:P  ... 184HP is at the flywheel, yes?

Love that hill-climbing torque curve.... this'll be a real hoot to drive  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Yes, at flywheel.   s:( :( s:(

spit

Quote from: "mr-s_turbo"
Quote from: "spit"Soz guys, I'm a bit hungover and dumb today...  s:P :P s:P  ... 184HP is at the flywheel, yes?

Yes, at flywheel.   s:( :( s:(

s:( :( s:(  Maybe a toot rather than a hoot then  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  I do like the torque gradient though.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Prolex-UK

TTE tell me they can only start installs from 2nd week in December.
Fiat 500 Abarth Essesse 2010 182 bhp  lovely car !!
TOM\'s IS350 compressor 378 bhp 170 mph and still pulling on autobahn (sold :-) )
http://www.prolex-uk.com

markiii

guys just got back from hols and ghave emails from freidel waiting.

As soon as I've caught up I'll update you.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markiii

ladies and Gents please see the promised pictures of the extra chassis bracing.

Courtesy of Friedel.

Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Nice pics Mark, thanks.

Kinda interesting to note that TTE haven't got rid of that useless plate and spoon combo and gone for something more like Corky's plate. I wonder how easy it would be for someone to fab up that X-Brace, and just how much of a difference it makes...

TommyD

Is that it! Looks a bit cheap to me. No wonder they throw that in for free with the turbo
[size=100]Sable MR2[/size], David\'s Bars, TTE Rear Sports Spoiler, TRD side skirts, TRD front cross brace, Lampka rear cross brace and under bracing, Whiteline swaybars, Whiteline spings, 2\'srus Drop links, RPS clutch

markiii

I should point out that

this si only used on cars made before the end of 2004, as after that their is additional bracing as standard.

pics are from the prototype I should imagine so expect better finish on customer installs.

Tags: