Another brake disc thread

Started by Anonymous, September 14, 2005, 11:23

Anonymous

Quote from: "vibratingsky"LOL this EXACT thing has happened to me!
i failed today,
I want to know the address for Speedways too plz! I drove home and am not fitting them myself. I remember an artical recommending some NON rust discs that were sporty and not too pricey. Can anyone recommend any for me?

Thx very much

http://www.speedways.co.uk (website doesn't work in Firefox).

They are very good and cheap. If you don't want to fit them most places like Hi-Q or Kwik fit will do it for you.

I got a refund on the delivery. I had paid for delivery before 9am cos I wanted to get the brakes done asap. I waited and waited. Called Speedways they put me on to UPS, they said my road doesn't exist. I disagreed and gave them directions. The brakes turned up about 1:30pm. If you ever get anything delivered by UPS make sure you put up a big sign with the words "DELIVER HERE" written on it in 10ft high letters.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Sorry rant over.

Tem

Quote from: "roger"Anybody know where we could get this in UK? I've seen them for about £40!!

If not I feel Tem might be volunteering for a GB   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

£40  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I can get those if there's interest, no problem there  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

Quote from: "aaronjb"Halfords sell one that covers most makes of cars for £20 - it's not a box like that, though, it looks more like a hub puller with a disc attached to the end of the thrust screw. You can take the end off and use it with a standard wrench & extension, though.

I have this Halfords one and it works great on our car.

I would suggest removing the disc and putting it in a normal ratchet though as the handle supplied is very fiddly.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I would suggest removing the disc and putting it in a normal ratchet though as the handle supplied is very fiddly.

That's what I did  s;) ;) s;)  And you're not wrong about fiddly.. that's the understatement of the year  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "roger"Anybody know where we could get this in UK? I've seen them for about £40!!

The £40 was a kit, presumably like the Halfords one but more up-market!

Tem, I don't actually NEED one at present, but at that price I would like to stick it in the toolbox so its available when needed.

I don't know if there is any more interest (for a thread in GB), but if you can arrange it for me, would be most grateful.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "Tem"

The £40 was a kit, presumably like the Halfords one but more up-market!

Tem, I don't actually NEED one at present, but at that price I would like to stick it in the toolbox so its available when needed.

I don't know if there is any more interest (for a thread in GB), but if you can arrange it for me, would be most grateful.

I'll jump on this band wagon and say I'd be interested in one too (as long as they're not too much!  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )  s8) 8) s8)

Tem

I'll see about shipping and stuff and make a post about it later this week...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

roger

Quote from: "Tem"I'll see about shipping and stuff and make a post about it later this week...

Great, thanks.   s:) :) s:)
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: