PPE Replacement Header and High Flow Cat & Induction Kit

Started by Anonymous, October 5, 2005, 11:59

Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone has the above fitted as im looking to get them for my MRS.

Also did it make any difference in performance or noise?

Im also looking for an induction kit just wondering which is best to go for?

mph

Quote from: "Matt_MRS"Just wondering if anyone has the above fitted as I'm looking to get them for my MRS.

Also did it make any difference in performance or noise?

I'm also looking for an induction kit just wondering which is best to go for?
Yes.

Both!

Many have bought from A'PEXi or from PPE Engineering.

Use "search" for more details!
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

kanujunkie

LeeUK has these fitted to his 2 and yes it does make a difference to the performance, do a search on here and you'll find the links about them. As for the noise, yes again, it'll be a bit more grumbley and adding a cone filter will make it more so. What filter are you going to get??? Apexi for noise but no measurable performance or something like Injen for performance
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

i was looking at getting all the PPE products but ill look around first

dieamond

Good pick !
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

leon_in_uk

i have pipercross, much louder and better, no power gains tho, maybe a loss mid rev level.. they go on ebay for £69.99

thats how much mine was, very easy to fit. but induction kits on mr2's make a very loud squeel when starting and cutting off engine to start with.. up to you if you want a bigger grunt?
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

What you're talking about is what I have.  The car came with an AEM CAI and I could feel the difference between that particular example and other 100% stock vehicles.  Actual H.P. increase.. who cares... I don't track race (only street  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  ) and it's a feeling in your rump and ears that matters.  2 months ago I added the PPE header and Hi-flow Cat and my mid-range increased slightly with improved tractability.  Noise is lower tone with slightly higher volume.  The noise level is perfect (quiet until you put the hammer down) with the top down and I only just recently tried the car with the top up.  Then, the increase in volume is slighly more noticeable, but only during conversation - ever try to quiet down the mum?  Car was always fun... but now it's got a little more attitude.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tags: