URGENT!!!

Started by Anonymous, October 16, 2005, 14:29

Anonymous

cheers bud

philster_d

Would the occasional tank of optimax help clean up this stuff? or is that rubbish

aaronjb

Quote from: "philster_d"Would the occasional tank of optimax help clean up this stuff? or is that rubbish

If you mean the MAF then no.. petrol goes nowhere near it  s;) ;) s;)  (It's right at the start of the inlet tract, just behind the air filter)

If your petrol goes all over your MAF then something is very, very wrong  s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

philster_d

Its supposed to clean the engine ffs, mine looks realy dirty  s:) :) s:)

aaronjb

Quote from: "philster_d"Its supposed to clean the engine ffs, mine looks realy dirty  s:) :) s:)

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Remind me never to let you loose near any spanners, Phil  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Anonymous

UPDATE: before ive even had a chance to do that the light is back on and car now with Mr T again. if they tell me this time no codes im going to the manager.  had the car 2 weeks and its been back in the garage 5 time, not impressed

aaronjb

Quote from: "reddi"UPDATE: before ive even had a chance to do that the light is back on and car now with Mr T again. if they tell me this time no codes I'm going to the manager.  had the car 2 weeks and its been back in the garage 5 time, not impressed

Time to go bang some heads together I reckon!

Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Anonymous

well here is what they found

P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

so im waiting on them ordering the part in, they said i can collect my car instead of getting a courtasy, is this ok to drive with this fault?

aaronjb

Quote from: "reddi"so I'm waiting on them ordering the part in, they said i can collect my car instead of getting a courtasy, is this ok to drive with this fault?

Technically that depends if the misfire is down to spark or injector.. Unburnt fuel (misfire due to spark) can kill a CAT quicker than you'd imagine. On an NA car, a misfire due to injector (no fuel hitting the cylinder) isn't so bad. (On a turbo car you'd run a much higher risk of running horribly lean if it wasn't a total injector failure and then blowing a hole in the piston/rings due to detonation).

Personally, I wouldn't want to.. Though having said that, I have in the past.. (misfire due to spark on the Nissan when the crank sensor wires fell off  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  )

Anonymous

so you rekon i should argue my case and get a courtasy car?

aaronjb

Quote from: "reddi"so you rekon i should argue my case and get a courtasy car?

They're fixing this under the "you just bought a secondhand car from us" type warranty, right? If so - hell yes. They're only saying that so they can keep the courtesy car for someone who is paying them pots of cash  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

yeah thats right,  cheers bud will do

god i love this site

Anonymous

got a nice corolla 55plate to drive till mine fixed

and soon as get it back pre-cats come out WOOHOO

Anonymous

well got car back and everything seems ok now, one of the guys had cheeck to say hope it wasnt you driving to fast that casued the problem, didnt know if he was joking or not, tempted to sell well DUH its a roadster!!!!

spit

Quote from: "reddi"well got car back and everything seems ok now, one of the guys had cheeck to say hope it wasnt you driving to fast that casued the problem, didnt know if he was joking or not, tempted to sell well DUH its a roadster!!!!
Glad you're back & sorted.
So was it a plug/coil prob rather than injector circuit malfunction?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

they just gave me the fault code which i gave about and sais the injector in cilender 4 was faulty and became clogged.  so they replaced it and now seems to be ok.  hopefully i can actually go a week without being back in

Tags: