KW Variant 3 Coilovers & Suspension

Started by xdesign, October 20, 2005, 06:43

xdesign

I came across yesterday a stand in an Athens exhibition of KW Suspensions. KW is a respected German suspension manufacturer, and lately they have produces a suspension kit for us.

http://www.kw-gmbh.de/en/30_Products/20_KW_Coilovers/30_Variant_3/index.php

They call it Variant 3 and it has the following benefits.

Bound adjustment
Rebound adjustment
Height adjustment
etc...

The quality looks very very good as they are handmade and galvanized.

Anyone knows more about them, or even tried them?

xdesign

I'm puzzled that they are no comments about this coiover/suspension kit...

What r your thoughts?

Anonymous

some guy on spyderchat has em and loves em

Tem

Quote from: "xdesign"I'm puzzled that they are no comments about this coiover/suspension kit...

What r your thoughts?

In the end they are just a kit among kits. Pick the one you like most  s8) 8) s8)

I've seen these in other cars and they seem to be the cheap choice for showroom lowering, but doesn't seem to do too well on a track. I'd get something else, though I have no idea about the set for MR2.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

The Teins I have can do all this and they have independant bound-rebound and damping springs.

dieamond

The Racing Gear are slightly more expensive than KW (200 Euros here ni France) so I prefered giving them a run.

KW is very very "average" in some applications
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

xdesign

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "xdesign"I'm puzzled that they are no comments about this coiover/suspension kit...

What r your thoughts?

In the end they are just a kit among kits. Pick the one you like most  s8) 8) s8)

I've seen these in other cars and they seem to be the cheap choice for showroom lowering, but doesn't seem to do too well on a track. I'd get something else, though I have no idea about the set for MR2.

The Variant 3 is a new kit which also fits the MR2.
The simple suspension kit doesn't say much, that I know.

Tem

Quote from: "xdesign"
Quote from: "Tem"

What r your thoughts?

The Variant 3 is a new kit which also fits the MR2.
The simple suspension kit doesn't say much, that I know.

Yeah, I meant the 3's, you already mentioned it in the first post  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Tags: