which suspension to get? waydo, sportivo....

Started by Anonymous, October 22, 2005, 07:07

Anonymous

ok, i'm in the market for new suspension. My options are:
Sportivo
Koni inserts w/ lowering springs.

I have a guy who will sell me the sportivo springs/shocks for about $500.
I can buy the TRD Waydo/race springs, or any other springs for $200 and then buy the Koni 4 way adjustable inserts for about $500. so the question is:
has anybody used the Waydo/race springs? these seem like the best alternative to the sportivo to me as they are a consistent 53% stiffer than the sportivo all around.  i am considering these b/c ove heard people say they wish they could of had a little more improvement from the sportivo. also there are the H&R's- (i heard these weren't quite stiff enough either), Teins, Swift springs, and Eibach. anybody used these? ive talked alot over at spyderchat.com and ive gotten all sorts of mixed opinions and no one has used the Waydo springs. i like how the konis are adjustable compared to the standard sportivo.   so any advice/ impressions would help GREATLY! thanks!

dreambackup

you should talk to Dieamond about that. he has a new setup that you may like, if you're still looking for the most sophisticated thing...

but let me rephrase what I already said here and in our PMs: WayDo TRD struts + TRD Competition springs must be too hard a ride for a 100% street use.

I use WayDo struts + C1 springs and it's already the limit, at least in the front (light front + stiff springs, guess what!)...

if I were you, I'd try a "soft" setup with TRD WayDo struts and WayDo springs. if it's too soft, selling those must be easier than selling the Competition springs that you'd think are too stiff  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

the waydo springs are the stiff ones. i cant find the competition. i dont think they make them. i cant decide. this guy wants to sell me the sportivo ones with the TRD rear strut brace for $550 - $600. but for like $100 i could have the stiffer setup with adjustability. IIRC the c-ones are slightly stiffer than the waydos in front and the waydos are a little stiffer in the rear. how do you like em as they would be about the same except mine would be stiffer out back?

philster_d

I have teins and they are fully adjustable, so its like buying an infinite amount of set suspension parts.

Phil

Anonymous

haha yea. which teins?

Liz

I have a feeling of deja vue reading this thread - its in the same vein as this

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ht=#106957 m                                    

Can you please stop starting new threads up on the same subject.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

i've locked the other thread Liz
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

TEIN 'Super Street' Adjustable Coilover (MK3)

m http://www.revision6.com/forms/Product.aspx?ID=368 m

Plus one of these babies.     s:D :D s:D  

m http://www.revision6.com/forms/Product.aspx?ID=383 m

kanujunkie

i want, i want, i want

just for the cool factor alone  s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

is the EDFC worth it? how hard is the install?

kanujunkie

as far as worth it, i'll leave that to Phil to answer, but as for installs of this kind well as long as you have a modicon of technical know how, then it'll be a sinch. Kit comprises of a control box and a loom to go to each corner where there is a screw on unit that does the work. You'll also need to tap into the fusebox for a power feed and to generate a new earth. Install time i would hazard at 6-8hrs with stripout and looming time included
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

Put it like this I daily adjust the suspension, literaly on and off the motorway.

Can you honestly say you would get out and adjust the 4 corners all the time without it ?

Its like well cool, and if you gonna spend a grand on the teins I would say get the electronic thingy so you can make the most of them.

Install wise not that hard, a few hours messing with cable runs, we pulled out the luggage bins then it was easy. Power wise (Patrick) just tapped it off the stereo loom.

All in all took a day with the suspension as well, but would be quicker a second time im sure. e.g. the EDFC comes with an extra part for the fronts (wich we had already fitted   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) so we had to take them off again and dissasemble them wich added some time.

Phil

xdesign

Yeah, I'm thinking about the Teins w/ EDFC too...

Looks like the best solution for street and track use.

Tem

Quote from: "xdesign"Teins w/ EDFC

While you're at it  s;) ;) s;)
 m http://www.topsecretjpn.com/roberuta.shtml m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

philster_d

wow I wantm, sadly more expensive than a turbo kit   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Optional electronic adjuster ?   what are they  for without that ?????

Philster.

Anonymous

;pppp

Full post at:

http://www.mrs-passion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20508#20508

RG coilovers... awesome set for our MRS

Anonymous

i cant read french!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "mefarri"i cant read french!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pardon madame  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

karlus972

Quote from: "mefarri"i cant read french!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the pictures are self explanatory right?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Madinina Style!!

kanujunkie

yep i understand pictionese fine  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

nice bit of kit that, looks a hell of a lot more robust than the trd kit being removed
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

but what do those cup things do on their own ? where do you adjust them ?

do they adjust the tein adjusters ? or do you set it to one setting then move the cup up and down leaving the teins alone?

kanujunkie

what cup things, do you mean the 6 blue plastic bits?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

dreambackup

the blue bits are Kirk's motor mounts  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

roger

Quote from: "Tem"

You've lost the plot Stu - its these are the cup kits.

Now this is what I really fancy, have to win the lottery though.

These actually move your suspension height. "All" the EDFC does is change the damping.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tem

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "Tem"

You've lost the plot Stu - its these are the cup kits.

Now this is what I really fancy, have to win the lottery though.

These actually move your suspension height. "All" the EDFC does is change the damping.

Exactly  s8) 8) s8)

And the electric controller...it has few stored positions, so you can switch between them with one button and generally do things like "lower all by 20mm". Without it you have to wire them to generic buttons and drive them one by one up&down measuring the height yourself.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: