which suspension to get? waydo, sportivo....

Started by Anonymous, October 22, 2005, 07:07

philster_d

so does it move on top of the spring winding in and out of the coil ?

Tem

Quote from: "philster_d"so does it move on top of the spring winding in and out of the coil ?

I'm not 100% as I've never seen up close. I assume it does the same you do manually when you adjust the height.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

philster_d

so maybe this doesnt require a fully adjustable suspension ? if it moves indipendant and just loads the spring (or extends it)?

Tem

Quote from: "philster_d"so maybe this doesnt require a fully adjustable suspension ? if it moves indipendant and just loads the spring (or extends it)?

You don't need adjustable shocks, if you meant that. I just thought this would go well with the electronically adjustable shocks  s8) 8) s8)  You do need some coilovers to make this work, so the total price will be a bit crazy  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

philster_d

Yeah, i need a miracle to get them   s:) :) s:)

aaronjb

Ah but just think of the extra weight - it must be a fairly chunky motor on each corner to turn the springseats up & down.. (Unsprung weight, too)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Quote from: "aaronjb"Ah but just think of the extra weight - it must be a fairly chunky motor on each corner to turn the springseats up & down.. (Unsprung weight, too)

I'll just have to go on a diet, and run on 1/4 full fuel tank   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

aaronjb

Quote from: "roger"I'll just have to go on a diet, and run on 1/4 full fuel tank   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Ahh  but that doesn't affect the unsprung weight.. Unless you drive your car by hanging on to the bottom of the suspension?  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "roger"I'll just have to go on a diet, and run on 1/4 full fuel tank   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Ahh  but that doesn't affect the unsprung weight.. Unless you drive your car by hanging on to the bottom of the suspension?  s;) ;) s;)

All I was trying to do was get the dampers off their travel stops   s8) 8) s8)  

I appreciate your comment, perhaps mine was just a little too flippant. Nevertheless, any extra weight on the adjustable shocks look as though its sprung, but only an opinion.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Tags: