Who Makes Hardtop (More precisely the clips) ?

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2005, 14:54

Anonymous

Could anyone who is about to fit their hardtop have a look and see if there are any manufacturers marks on it. I dont want to have to take mine off as the midget wife always moans about helping!

One of my clips is knackered and doesnt say clipped shut. Its not the adjustment screw i've checked and it doest lock shut when off the car whilst all the others do. I'm pretty sure i read that someone else was having the same problem as well.

Anyway I thought finding the manufacturer may give a clue to a source of new clips.

Failing that anyone seen any damaged tops at scrapyards? I would be willing to go in with someone to buy the whole top and salvage the clips of it. I need the passenger side rear clip.

Rich.

Tem

Quote from: "RaGE"I need the passenger side rear clip.

"Latch rear, 63203-17040, list price $101.71 in US"
(same for both sides)

Good luck finding it somewhere else  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Eek thats pricey, I will have to go ask MR T how much it is over here. Just building up the energy to try and get them to understand what I want.

Tem

Quote from: "RaGE"Eek thats pricey, I will have to go ask MR T how much it is over here. Just building up the energy to try and get them to understand what I want.

Just give the part number to them  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

dimwit

Try and find a very 'nice person' who is still in warrenty, swop over the latches, and get them to take theres to MrT...just a thought...  s:) :) s:)

Ernie Ball

I'm in the same boat.   At least I was last time the hardtop was on.  When I put it back on, I'll check it again.

Is that $101 per latch?  If so, that's ridiculous.

Ernie Ball

Just got a quote of €98 + VAT here.

And it is for one latch.

Tags: