Air filter question????

Started by Simon, October 31, 2005, 11:51

heathstimpson

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"But surely they must block intime and need replacement as they restrict airflow   s:? :? s:?  I have a new type that does not need oiling  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I thought that was the whole point about the cleaning. As long as the construction of the filter withstands that I don't see why it shouldn't last for ever (like a metal / gauze one).

Thinking about it I assume the new ones still need cleaning, even if they don't need oiling, otherwise you would be right.
It would be nice to have an official cleaning guide as I don't want to damage mine after what it cost  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

roger

Quote from: "heathstimpson"It would be nice to have an official cleaning guide as I don't want to damage mine after what it cost  s:? :? s:?

Must admit not sure if the paperwork that came with mine gave this. I'll look tonight. Probably comes with the "cleaning pack" they say is available, for mine at least.

Thats a point dieamond, if you are listening, with the new "Life" filter do TRD still do this? If its not very expensive can you add one to the TRD buy, and I am sure Heath will go halves with me so he can read the instructions   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"It would be nice to have an official cleaning guide as I don't want to damage mine after what it cost  s:? :? s:?

Must admit not sure if the paperwork that came with mine gave this. I'll look tonight. Probably comes with the "cleaning pack" they say is available, for mine at least.

Thats a point dieamond, if you are listening, with the new "Life" filter do TRD still do this? If its not very expensive can you add one to the TRD buy, and I am sure Heath will go halves with me so he can read the instructions   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
I got my TRD filter from Dieamond from the last group buy and the cleaning kits were not available anymore:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

roger

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I got my TRD filter from Dieamond from the last group buy and the cleaning kits were not available anymore:?

Ah well, it appears I have a choice.

I'll either have to sell the 2 when it gets to 50,000, or buy another filter   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Roger

Anonymous

I just picked up a standard paper air filter from Halfords
Manufacturer is Mann, part number C2568, price £15.30.

Armed with that part number you should be able to get the filter from any motor factor.

Ernie Ball

Anyone have a part number for the new TRD filter?  I'm in the US and plan to pick one up, but don't want to get the old one that needs oiling.

Cheers.

Tem

Quote from: "Ernie Ball"Anyone have a part number for the new TRD filter?  I'm in the US and plan to pick one up, but don't want to get the old one that needs oiling.

No idea what's new or old, but here's the current one:
 m http://trdparts.jp/english/list_mr-s.html m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

roger

I've got the older one - thenumber on the box is 00602 17801 007.

17801 is same, but guess you have to make sure it has ZT300.
Roger

Tem

Quote from: "roger"17801 is same

17801 is toyota for air filter  s;) ;) s;)  Even the stock filter is 17801-something.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: