Stock Twin Exit Exhaust

Started by Anonymous, June 2, 2003, 10:08

Anonymous

Hey guys,

I have just ordered my MK3 and one of the options was for a twin exit exhaust, i decided to go for it.

Has anyone else here got this?

What does it sound like, does it add any weight and finally does it add anything or even detract from the performance?

Cheers Lads/Ladette's!!

GSB

Several owners on the board have got these. In fact they used to be a really difficult to get your hands on...

The TTE exhaust is made for Toyota by Remus in Germany, and is a clone of their own system, but with different tips. They also make the the Postert system, which again is identical bar the tips. Apparenly it's a little heavier than stock, but does sound very nice indeed. Power gains are in the "little if any" catagory, but most owners report that they have a bit of extra kick. The main advantage of the TTE is with your warranty, and the a fact it doesn't affect it in any way. Also, I think that as the car comes direct from the dealer with the exhaust fitted, it doesnt up your insurance premiums at all as its simply an optional extra, rather than a "modification".
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

When you say it sounds very nice, does that mean its loud?

Its not a problem if it is, just curious.

Do you know where i can get a picture of it from?

Cheers in advance.

GSB

Its louder than stock, but not offensively so. It manages to be have a degree of restraint that makes it quite conservative and nice to listen to. To be honest it's difficult for me to quantify how loud it is as its that long since if been in a car with a TTE fitted, and I've spent the last two days listening to the Hayward & Scott exhaust. if you want a photo though, theres one in the MR2 brochure in the options section, or you can look here:

http://www.spydermagazine.com/2002/July/tte/tte-review.htm

For an opinion on the sound level, I'm sure someone who has one fitted will be along shortly to fill you in, but I think theres a critique of the exhaust in the link above.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Sam

I went from stock to TTE dual last October time.

It has a much deeper sound to it than stock, but as GSB said its not excessively 'boy racer' loud, especially at idle RPM (does pick up with the revs)
The other thing I noticed is that it really made the car feel a lot looser at the top-end 80mph +

In all I have been really pleased with it since fitting.
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Slacey

I have the TTE, looks great, is a bit heavier than stock and sounds really good when it has warmed up, but not too loud. Pic of my car with TTE below.

Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I can definitely vouch for the TTE Twin Exhaust which I had fitted to my new 2.  It gives the exhaust sound a nice edge to it without being too "boy racerish", and looks great as you can see from Sean's car (that's a pretty awesome rear shot!). A worthwhile investment.

Slacey

Why thankyou, Dave   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

mph

If you're looking to make your '2 sound better, a custom intake is a good, and cheaper alternative. SteveJ has a great trick to make your engine growl a little better, at absolutely no cost - I'll kick him and he'll be along shortly to explain all...

Meanwhile, a question to at least pmdye whom has both - which is better for sound: changing the intake or changing the exhaust?
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Slacey

I have both... the TTE and an Apex-i intake - and to be honest, the intake is louder! But, the both together is something special   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"Meanwhile, a question to at least pmdye whom has both - which is better for sound: changing the intake or changing the exhaust?

Changing the intake, without a doubt. Although I've not run the TTE exhaust with the stock intake/airbox, the difference by changing the intake was FAR more than the extra difference from changing the exhaust.

In a way they're different sounds though... the intake makes i) "sucking" noises at tickover (esp on cold mornings) and ii) absolutely growls/roars at wide-open throttle... the exhaust (at least the TTE) makes a deeper, basey (is that a word?) rumble at tickover, but probably little difference elsewhere (or just drowned out by the intake).

Jap GT300

On my previous 2' I had an AEM CAI and Team Moon Twin exhaust.  With this combination the exhaust was louder than the intake, both at idle and under acceleration.

Adam

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "GSB"Several owners on the board have got these. In fact they used to be a really difficult to get your hands on.

I think I can take the blame that they used to be hard to get. And it's probably thanks to MR2 ROC that now they are easy.

I ordered the TTE exhause ages before I picked up my Roadster back in July 2000. It was so much hassle and at one stage my local dealer and Toyota GB denied that they knew of TTE and claimed it would invalidate my warranty. I was constantly going back and fourth between TTE and Toyota and after a few months the exhaust arrived.

Immediately, due to the hassle, Toyota GB took the easy way out and put a ban on all TTE parts (but mainly the exhaust), claiming that they were testing them.

AFAIA I was the only person with a TTE exhaust and people (mainly MR2 ROC members) who had seen and heard mine were going mad for it. Eventually, after nearly 18 months (IIRC) Toyota finally stepped down and allowed shipment of the part.

Anonymous

Has anyone got a piccie of it with the rear bumper extension as well?

Tags: