Black Circles for Tyres?

Started by zud, November 1, 2005, 10:56

zud

Has anyone used Black Circles to buy and/or fit tyres?  They're internet based but will deliver directly to a tyre centre of your choice for fitting.  And they give a fully inclusive price quote.
I've been quoted for 4 Toyo Proxes T1-S at £263.46 fitted locally

Is this a good, reasonable or bad price?

How do T1-S compare with the competition?  (sorry, I haven't been around the forum for a while and can't spend too long searching while at work)

I've been v. pleased with with my GSD1s, but I don't think Goodyear make GSD3s to fit stock (2001) wheels.  Is it possible to get GSD3s to fit?

Any other thoughts or advice greatfully received!!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

spit

I've always found Black Circles to be v. friendly, helpful and competetive, particularly over the 'phone.

Can't comment on the Toyo price 'cos I've not been looking lately, but BC managed to source the last pair of F1 rears in the UK for me  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown: .

Its a shame you can't get GSD's for 15" stock now, but the Toyos will probably be high on my choice list once the F1s start receding!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

I paid £250 for a set of Toyos at a local tyre dealer

Simon

I recently ordered a set of T1-Rs from Mytyres, they delivered the front ones within a week and messed me about for another three weeks before telling me that they could no longer get the rears.

I ended up ordering them from http://www.camskill.co.uk who were very friendly and helpfull and cost me alltogether just over £200 which I arranged to have fitted myself for £20

Bongo

Just a note - the T1-R has been brought out to replace the T1-S. I'd go with the R myself as you could have problems sourcing and S in future.

zud

Quote from: "Bongo"Just a note - the T1-R has been brought out to replace the T1-S. I'd go with the R myself as you could have problems sourcing and S in future.

Thanks Bongo!  I've clearly been away from this place too long... I just thought "S is after R", but now you mention it, I vaguely remember the T1-R coming out.  

Changing to T1-R makes the price £270, so I might ring round a few if my puncture can't be mended.  Camskill sounds like the cheapest option, but I think I'll pay the extra to avoid the hassles of tyres being delivered while I'm at work and trying to get 4 tyres, plus the flat all in the 2 at once!

mph

Quote from: "zud"...trying to get 4 tyres, plus the flat all in the 2 at once!
I can recommend both Camskill and mytyres.

FYI:

You can fit four tyres into the passenger side of the car: one horizontal-ish on the floor, one horizontal on the seat and two vertical facing forward on top.

If carrying wheels, then you can fit two behind each seat and one in the front - meaning you can also have a passenger!  

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:) :) s:)
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

they were fantastic,,,

next day delivery on my t1-r's...after local place said that they couldnt get any!!

zud

Well, I went with Black Circles, so I thought I should round this thread off with an update...

I ordered all four tyres last Friday, and got an appointment to have them fitted first thing today (Tuesday).  Using the website, I couldn't find a way to handle two different tyre sizes in one order, so I rang them.  This was a good thing as the operator took another fiver off when I mentioned the owners' club!  He'd asked where I'd heard about BC and I mentioned the internet and MR2ROC.  He was very polite and helpful and seemed to know his stuff.  Anyway, I turned up at the Hi Q in Sutton this morning and the tyres were there as planned, and they were fitted in about an hour.  There was nothing else to pay, only the £265 I paid direct to BC last week.

If you're squeezed for cash, I think you could beat BC for price by ringing round, but not by much if you want them fitted.  BC themselves do mail order for about £208 (maybe £203 if you mention MR2ROC).  So you'd have a bit more scope for saving a few quid.

If you don't fancy ringing round and haggling, having to be at home when tyres are delivered, or squeezing them into the '2, then you could do a lot worse than use Black Circles!    s:D :D s:D    I feel I got a competitive price with a minimum of hassle.

Oh, and the tyres look/feel pretty good too!  I forgot about them needing a bit of scrubbing in, and span the wheels pulling away from the garage, so I took it reasonably easy after that.  But they still felt good, particularly the fronts.

Tags: