adding bits to stock '03 'fisher price'

Started by Anonymous, November 11, 2005, 14:35

Anonymous

Hi.

I kinda like the stock look, but not the stock sound and was wanting to add a 2ch amp I have to the standard setup to help improve things.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the stock 03 headunit. My amp has hi-level inputs that feed straight from the speaker wires but there are an awful lot of sockets on the back of the unit??

I have also bought the below gizmo to allow my ipod to run through aux.

m http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_prod ... no=VTYX001 m

This should just plug into the CD changer port, which I believe is the bottom right socket as you look at the picture above? I already have a cable here but no cd changer, and although the above gizmo has a piggy back for this socket, I was wondering if I have a CD changer cable run in my car terminating somewhere else?

Any help with the above would be appreciated.

Thanks

kanujunkie

if your useing hi level inputs then this should help, just trace the wires at the back of the stereo, to find the right connector. Outside of this i've never seen a diagram for any internals. Most people just swap it out for something better

m http://www.tandridgecanoe.co.uk/roadster/033rap.PDF m
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

I'm interested in your ipod solution m8

Any more details on the set up and how it works?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "nighthawk"I'm interested in your ipod solution m8

Any more details on the set up and how it works?

I went down the Alpine route, with an Ai-net head unit and the ipod adaptor, works ok, but no more. Its not the easiest thing to use unless you have preset playlists or put it on random, but i'm sure Alpine will have updated their setup since my install.

As for the rest of the kit, i've linked it to 2x P250 Bazooka amps rated at 2x50W(RMS) for front and back components and a P500 monobloc rated at 500w(RMS) powering a Miller competition Sub, all with remote amp controls, plus a shoehorn to get it all in  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Bump!

I'm actually looking to add an auxiliary input on the stock 03+ head unit. Did someone managed to use a product like apj mentionned or know a way to add an aux input?

Thanks.

Anonymous

I tried one of soundlinx's aux inputs and it didn't work  s:( :( s:(

I ended up buying an alpine HU instead

Tags: