Good Olde Dealers... Damaged Engine Cover!

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2003, 19:10

Anonymous

The guys that met me know what im like about keeping my engine bay clean (freak i know!). So image my surprise when im used to seeing this:

and instead i see this:

Looks like when i took it in for my rear light and coils to be replaced they decided to make some small changes to my engine cover! GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   s:x :x s:x    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:x :x s:x    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

The bolts have actually been ripped off by the look of it, there are still bits left in there and they look like they have been cut or just ripped off!

Looks like i will be going back yet again to complain about them!   s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

Jeeze, you just can't trust anyone can you?

Anonymous

Thing is i will now have to battle with them saying that they did it and i didnt do it....   s:? :? s:?

SteveJ

They are not bolts - just push in plastic rivets, and should be replaced whenever the ignition-coil cover is removed.

This is just another example of sloppy Toyota dealerships  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"They are not bolts - just push in plastic rivets, and should be replaced whenever the ignition-coil cover is removed.

AHHH, thats exactly what it was in for... GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR   s:x :x s:x

Darth Paul

I'm fastidious about my engine bay too. Mine looks like yours after 26K!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  I'd be ripping heads off.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Thread drift...

Got a DVD out from the video shop tonight, and two large bags of Maltesers. Family time, watching a film. Final Destination 2!!

The Maltesers tasted stale, so I looked at the date on 'em. Today's date! How long have they had them?! I thought the bag looked a little 'old' – very crinckled – when they handed them to me.

I'll be ripping heads off tomorrow... (had a bottle of red).

See, it was sort of on topic.

DP

Anonymous

So, when i call them tomorrow to complain what do i say they have forgot to replace? something like "when you replaced the coils it looks like you forgot to replace the '?????' on the '?????'" - just so it sounds like i know what im taking about and they dont mess with me!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"replace the '?????' on the '?????'" - just so it sounds like i know what im taking about and they dont mess with me!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Errr... the clips on the plastic ignition-coil cover

Just a guess...

Anonymous

plastic rivets, engine cover   s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

This is what I mean you see, as soon as my car is out of warranty is never going back to a 'yota dealer again.  (to be fair the one I'm using at the mo is quite good)

Darth Paul

Got a refund on the Maltesers!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  Thought they might have thrown in a free DVD, but no.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

DP

Slacey

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Got a refund on the Maltesers! :wink
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  LOL!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Spoke to the dealers... (he remembered my reg again... very worrying!), he said "no probs, I'll get em ordered in"... sorted.

(probably a 3 week wait for them now!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Tags: