The new Hayward & Scott twin Exhaust

Started by GSB, June 2, 2003, 12:08

Anonymous

oh dear, my exhaust will destroy my car  s:( :( s:(

heathstimpson

I have noticed the vibration through the clutch etc from the exhaust; its doomed  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

SteveJ

Quote from: "phil4"oh dear, my exhaust will destroy my car  s:( :( s:(

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I have noticed the vibration through the clutch etc from the exhaust; its doomed  s:? :? s:?

What makes you think this?

The harmonic resonance is only going to affect the exhaust note and gas flow - how precisely do you think this is going to destroy the car?

GSB

For sale, one slightly used H&S exhaust. Recently removed and spent several laborious minutes polishing the tips to a highly shiny finish worthy of maximum blingity-bling respec' for mo' shizzle. Or something...
(Well, they would be if I had eight of them and they were at least 4 inches wider. With only 2 tips at 3 inches apiece, I'm sure I'm considered a mere amateur in Max-Ricer circles.)

Owner wishes to upgrade to 2 box system just for the sheer hell of it...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink: *

*Thats a joke BTW...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I have noticed the vibration through the clutch etc from the exhaust; its doomed  s:? :? s:?

The harmonic resonance is only going to affect the exhaust note and gas flow - how precisely do you think this is going to destroy the car?

I don't.  I was joking.

Anonymous

The pipe over the cross member is the bit I cant understand? That would have to be one hell of a tight bend and consequently not ideal for flow

On the other hand this is only e-mails that have been copied to the site for info, theres still a possibility that H+S have got the wrong end of the stick on this.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "phil4"
Quote from: "SteveJ"

I don't.  I was joking.
And me  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

GSB

Regrding this 2 box system that H&S were supposed to have knocked up, did it turn out to be true?, or did he quote for a mk2 instead of a mk3?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  
Hi there i am new to the site just bought myself a roadster which iam really pleased with. Just wondered if anyone could give me some advise on the best exhaust to buy. I wont something that sounds really good!!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "chrisonite_100":D   s:D :D s:D  
Hi there i am new to the site just bought myself a roadster which iam really pleased with. Just wondered if anyone could give me some advise on the best exhaust to buy. I wont something that sounds really good!!
You have answered your question by attaching to this thread; the H&S is the baby to go for  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

If you act quickly you can get a nye on new one one at a great from Perry; see:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5544 m

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"If you act quickly you can get a nye on new one one at a great from Perry; see:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5544 m

I think Perry is actually selling a HKS exhaust - not H&S!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Your options are pretty much;

H&S
TTE
Remus (effectively "the same" as the above)
Sportauspuff (Odub has one - not sure if he'd recommend it though as he's had some fitting issues...)
HKS
Magnex
Mongoose
Postsert
Team moon

I think that's most off them!

As to which is best - that rather depends on what you want for the money / number of tips (dual or single exit), etc...

Most people here seem to have either the TTE or the H&S exhaust (both dual exit), the latter is arguably the best when it comes down to considering all issues, however the odd bargain does come along   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I think I'll beat everyone else to saying that the best piece of advice we can give you is to use the search button (top of the page) to search the forums for exhaust postings, as probably all of the exhausts have been discussed here before, many times!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Mr 2"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"If you act quickly you can get a nye on new one one at a great from Perry; see:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5544 m

I think Perry is actually selling a HKS exhaust - not H&S!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I thought it was a typo as I never knew there was a HKS exhaust  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  You learn something new everyday  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

yep...Big and Mean  (just like me  s;-) ;-) s;-)  )

Anonymous

I think my fitting issue was entirely down to the monkey wrench that fitted it.  Somehow the pipes got bent and I still havn't sorted it – laziness though.

Although I would say you have t olike the shape of the tips to get it, because the sound is pretty much the same until you get about 5000rpm.  Then it's great!

Anonymous

anyone got a sound clip of these?

edward.carter

no H&S but heres some other exhaust clips

m http://koti.mbnet.fi/temmeke/MR-S/Exhausts/ m

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dabz"anyone got a sound clip of these?

http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/index.php?categoryid=21&p16_sectionid=3

Anonymous

thanks Phil, that sounds lovely  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

thanks for that, i guessed there must be a catch, but couldnt figure it out. try this one then, what is the difference between the products on ebay at 3 quid claiming 8bph and the uni chip at £500 claiming 10-12bph, besides to obvious 4bph!!! i know the only free cheese is in the mouse trap, so what is the catch with this one? i am not looking for power on the cheap, just interested in whats out there, they all claim to give an increase in power at the lower end, which is what i am looking for. you all seem to fit the uni-chip so there must be a good reason for this.

Tem

Quote from: "mick"3 quid claiming 8bph

This is a resistor. You can get these from electrical component stores for 10p or so. You weld it in the water temp sensor wire, so the ECU thinks the engine is cold and dumps more fuel. Sadly you only lose power with excessive fuel on stock engine.

Edit: Gotat leanr to tpye one day...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

thanks for that, as i said the only free cheese is in the mouse trap

Anonymous

Does anyone know if a group buy is likely again in 2006?

markiii

it is if you organise one   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

Or buy mine in a short while *if i get to hungary first*

Tags: