My First CEL (has now become two!)

Started by edward.carter, November 24, 2005, 09:15

edward.carter

i welcome all comments cheers carlos, never burnt much oil even before the precat gutting and now im gutted so to speak and i do check the oil quite often, so dont think it will be that. is looking increasingly like maf   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:     see what the garage says tomorrow   s:) :) s:)  

i know i keep saying it but this site is awesome, thanks to you lot   s:D :D s:D

SteveJ

Quote from: "edward.carter"
Quote from: "SteveJ"just ask Mark how rich the engine runs when the MAF doesnt know the correct amount of air going through it  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  (I'm still cleaning the soot of the front of my car  s:!: :!: s:!: )

on your second point although I'm obviously running rich doesnt appear smokey at all ? odd.

The 'soot' incident occured whilst trouble-shooting mark's Hass install - on it's first run after debugging the electrical gremlins the IC-Turbo hose got dislodged with the result that the ECU thought there was more air going in to the engine than there really was so it opened the injectors as much as possible. As there was no cat to deal with the unburnt fuel, it was ejected out of the back in a big black cloud  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

If your car is running rich enough to produce black smoke even with the main cat still in place then the cat is probably toast as well  s:( :( s:(

markiii

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "edward.carter"
Quote from: "SteveJ"just ask Mark how rich the engine runs when the MAF doesnt know the correct amount of air going through it  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  (I'm still cleaning the soot of the front of my car  s:!: :!: s:!: )

on your second point although I'm obviously running rich doesnt appear smokey at all ? odd.

The 'soot' incident occured whilst trouble-shooting mark's Hass install - on it's first run after debugging the electrical gremlins the IC-Turbo hose got dislodged with the result that the ECU thought there was more air going in to the engine than there really was so it opened the injectors as much as possible. As there was no cat to deal with the unburnt fuel, it was ejected out of the back in a big black cloud  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

If your car is running rich enough to produce black smoke even with the main cat still in place then the cat is probably toast as well  s:( :( s:(

no cat?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

edward.carter

Quote from: "SteveJ"If your car is running rich enough to produce black smoke even with the main cat still in place then the cat is probably toast as well  s:( :( s:(

nope no smoke so hopefully main cat is ok   s8) 8) s8)

edward.carter

bloody warranty companies!! autocentre has just phoned me and says all sensors have checked out ok and they think it may be the maf as they have seen something similar once before. but as its not a definate fix, warranty direct aint paying for it and they now want to charge mr 50 for the check and 100  for the new maf!!!!!

edward.carter

spoke to them again and what there saying is the maf and all other sensors have tested out ok, but they will only pay if it will definately fix it, and there not sure that this will. So im going to swap mafs with my mate paul and then see who gets the error light come up on the dash then we will know for definate whether the prob is maf or something else. at least i know everything has checked ok and my car should be fine  :-) :-) :-)

edward.carter

another update.

swapped mafs with paul and mine drove perfectly and his was a bit of a dog so maf is definately dead.

booked with warranty direct to be replaced tomorrow all costs covered except £25 excess so cant be bad £200 policy has saved me £125 already   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quadruple posting?!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Tut tut Ed, you should know better...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Here's hoping that it is just the MAF matey, and that you get it sorted tomorrow. After all, summer is just around the corner...!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

edward.carter

Quote from: "Ekona"Quadruple posting?!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Tut tut Ed, you should know better...  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

what can i say no one was talkin to me   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  
yep hopefully it is just that, but car reved much easier and picked up nice and quick with his maf, now i got mine back its real slow to pick up like lack of fuel for a second...then it goes!  after everything thats been said here and what the garage have said and the maf swap test im 99% sure all will be ok

and i know its Off topic but it is my topic hows the turbs runnin now, hehe   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Great, but shite.

Pulls like Jordan (scared the hell out of a Scooby earlier this evening!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: ), but the flashing 'no cylinder 2 spark' light on the e-Manage has gone and is replaced by a red light flashing constantly really quickly. Going from the e-Manage support forums, it looks like there's some proper dodgy wiring connections going on somewhere, so I'll get that sorted next year. No CELs at all though...  s:? :? s:?

edward.carter

Not tooooo bad then.  Cool, keep looking at thors pages and dreaming, i do that is...   s:) :) s:)

Tags: