which air filter?

Started by Anonymous, November 24, 2005, 22:47

BenF

Quote from: "mph"
Quote from: "BenF"Martin probably hadn't ever cleaned the filter, judging by the state of it (although they do say they don't need cleaning). After fitting the turbo, the car was producing 198bhp - 20 bhp less than Martin's.
Oy! Yes I had cleaned the K&N filter, twice in fact! FYI: I had always intended to fit the A'PEXi filter [which is a 'dry' filter that you don't oil] but never got around to making up an adaptor plate.

Allo Martin  s;) ;) s;)  it has to be said that cleaning an air filter doesn't normally net you 20bhp gain, but it did in this case. Headley told me it didn't need cleaning  (hmm!) .. probably the same logic was applied when the chargecooler circuit was filled with tap water with no Anti-Freeze in it as I found recently .... hmmm.

Anyway, the Apexi should be going into the car shortly - I've got some mounting brackets to hold it up away from the bodywork, and have DIY'd a mounting adapter for it - should be good to get on there.
Chargecooled PE Turbo, Unichip, TRD Front brace, Corky's Breastplate, Tein SS springs.

Tags: