wiper

Started by Anonymous, December 12, 2005, 08:37

Anonymous

anyone know what wiper from halfrauds is for the passenger side of the 2? tried to get one yesterday but the one the guy tried to give me didnt show the 2 as compatible on the list of cars on the back?

Slacey

Just buy new rubber wiper sections from the dealer. They only cost a few quid and are easy to fit - no need for a whole new wiper arm then.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

good thinking , think they will have any for me just to walk in and buy or need to order?

philster_d

the loose blades are about £7 the bosch fully assembled replacement with spoiler is about 12.99 and about 9.99 without the spoiler.

I got some the other day.

The MRS is in their  book under Toyota - MR2 - 2000 onwards Cabriolet or something.

darrenjuggins

Hi,

I just go stright to the dealer (yes should be in stock), who are good enough to fit them for me.

As said, cost a few pounds, but work a treat... I've never really managed on other cars to get aftermarket ones to work as good as the originals.

Anyway, hope you get sorted

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Tem

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"I've never really managed on other cars to get aftermarket ones to work as good as the originals.

The good old basic ones never do, but these new ones which are basically a blade and a tension spring are great. Got a pair for my Mk1 and I think I'll change into these for Mk3 as well  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

My posh £30-£40 genuine Toyota wipers that I had fitted were never any good,I replaced them with the Halford inserts at £7 and they are 100% better (I can actually see when the screen gets wet now)

Anonymous

Bought mine from Halfords last week
Drivers side is Bosch 20S
Passenger Bosch 19

philster_d

yeah I got those.

And for the money they are easy and hassle free.

Clip them in hard and off you go.

Anonymous

well i def aint gona pay toyota £30 for one,  you think i can just get the rubber and fit myself, or easier to just head to halfrauds?

Tem

Quote from: "reddi"well i def aint gona pay toyota £30 for one,  you think i can just get the rubber and fit myself, or easier to just head to halfrauds?

It's very easy to fit yourself, shouldn't take more than a minute  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I always buy the Bosch wipers.  They are pretty good for the price and dead easy to fit.  You just unclip the old spoiler(!?) and clip in the new one.

They are better than stock but not as quiet.

Tem

Quote from: "Emmanuel"I always buy the Bosch wipers.  They are pretty good for the price and dead easy to fit.  You just unclip the old spoiler(!?) and clip in the new one.

They are better than stock but not as quiet.

Define better?  s:? :? s:?  I hate noisy wipers. Also the Bosch ones don't seem to last even half of what the originals do.

I recently bought a set of the "new style" wipers for my Mk1 and they are pretty great. I mean the ones that are basically just the rubber without any frame (there's some sort of tension spring inside the rubber). I think I'll be getting these for the Mk3 too, when I need a new set.

markiii

got a link to thse tem?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Define better?  s:? :? s:?  I hate noisy wipers. Also the Bosch ones don't seem to last even half of what the originals do.
They clean the windscreen better.  The stock I had were leaving lines of water all over even when new!

Regarding their lifespan, I change them every year regardless if they are stock or aftermarket.  I've noticed that the rubber gets hard after a year (might have something to do with cold/warm/cold temperatures).

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"got a link to thse tem?[/quoe]

Not really, just got them from a local parts store. But they were Valeo and this seems like their website:
 m http://www.valeo.com/automotive-supplier/Jahia/ m

Quote from: "Emmanuel"The stock I had were leaving lines of water all over even when new!

Regarding their lifespan, I change them every year regardless if they are stock or aftermarket.  I've noticed that the rubber gets hard after a year (might have something to do with cold/warm/cold temperatures).

Maybe the stock ones were faulty then?  s:? :? s:?  The aftermarket ones do last about a year, I've noticed the same. The Toyota ones are good for 3-5 years, unless you force them off the glass when they are frozen or something like that, physically breaking them (even tiny fractions, which you can't really see).

Tags: