High Lambda Figures

Started by crankshaft, December 21, 2005, 01:04

Anonymous

Your right, i've just checked my MOT failure sheet and it was

co 7.85%  
hc 401ppm  
lambda .791  

Which was definatly rich so i had to take fuel out. Everyone else seems to be the other way around so they must of increased the duty to compensate.

spit

Quote from: "aaronjb"I guess perhaps add some injector duty (if it was lean) and perhaps adjust the timing a little for a more complete burn (to lower the CO figure back down again) - probably advance the timing a little, at a guess.

Sound right?

[edit] Oops, got advance & retard backward  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  [/edit]

Hmmmm, I'm gonna have to work on this one. My Lambda is a still a smidge lean but if I bring it down the CO fails. Perhaps I need to get this ignition harness assembled?  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Yo 'kin Ho   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

spit

Any of you guys superstitious? Friday 13th was MOT day and my '2 is now officially very much off the road with a flunked MOT   s:( :( s:(  

I've dumped the old and tired NB sensors and have got the WB triggering the ECU - figured it would be more stable....... but it hasn't settled down yet.

Lambda is still too high (1.08 - 1.10) and CO is miles out. A quick blast round the block and CO briefly came down into pass territory but the MOT probe still gave a failed (lean) lambda, and never were the two passing at the same time   s:? :? s:?  

Looks like my next post will be under Private Sales. Oh well, FI was fun while it lasted. I am sooo hacked off   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

philster_d

Bump

Whats the answer to this? im not confident to go turbo until I know I can get an MOT.

Also I must only be a few months from needing my MOT doing so its not like some people who have a year to sort it.

Philly

markiii

get your mot early then you have a year torectify any issues
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

can you realy get it a few months early ?

aaronjb

I believe you can get it at any time, and if you do it early and present your old MOT cert, you can get a 'long' MOT certificate (runs for 13 months, not 12)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

spit

Quote from: "philster_d"can you realy get it a few months early ?
Looks like it. My local garage offered a test before Christmas and a certificate to continue from the date of expiry (13th Jan).

If there is a time limit for overlap - and i suppose there must be - it wouldn't prevent you from getting 12 months on a new certificate and writing off what's left on your old one.

Unfortunately, I just ran out of time with duff emissions numbers.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

*edit* He's quick that Aaron bloke  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  */edit*

Tags: