Chattering noise

Started by Anonymous, December 22, 2005, 13:57

Anonymous

Just a little update on this. got the work done ( Replacement of an End Bearing in the box)

Paid for it out my own pocket as well. The warranty company said that it was a worn bearing and not a broken one, so they are not paying. Nice of them don't you think! !

Got the car back last Monday and I had a service done on the weekend buy a different dealership, who so kindly pointed out that half the bolts on the gearbox where missing including one missing and one loses mounting bolt.

GO TEAM TOYOTA

I have been in touch with my local trading standards and i have written the a nice letter to the dealership letting them know of the situation   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

how can they get away with such Sh*t workmanship and it's not a though it's once i a blue moon, or if it was happening at the same dealership.

WHAT IS GOING ON?   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

fg

For those of us local to you, will you name and shame?
Ex Astral Black, 05 MR2 (Ah, open top motoring)
Ex Velocity Red, 06 RX-8 (expensive sports car)
Ex Sapphire Black, 08 Corsa Sri(cheap fastish motoring!)
Ex Grey, 10 Mazda 3 ts2 (yawn family motoring)
Silver, 12 Mercedes C-Class (more family motoring, but cheaper with a diesel)

Anonymous

Sims Toyota in Riverside.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

If you are looking for a place to take your car i'd personally recomend Sturgess Nissan in Leicester  they are a Toyota dealer aswell. it lists them on MrT's website. They where very good. best Garage i'v ever been to. did a cracking job.

Anonymous

Hi think ive got the same problem ive taken it to my local dealer and they've said "gearbox bearings noisy" is this same problem??? If so if its not too cheeky how much did it cost, Need to know how much overtime to put in to pay for it......   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

thx

Anonymous

Quote from: "Andz"Hi think ive got the same problem ive taken it to my local dealer and they've said "gearbox bearings noisy" is this same problem??? If so if its not too cheeky how much did it cost, Need to know how much overtime to put in to pay for it......   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

thx

they quoted me £600 just to take the gear box out and strip it down to see what the problem was. then there is the bearing and puting it back together.

I did have Warranty that didn't pay out, so they did me a deal and i got it very cheap (same price they would of charged the warranty company.

I paid £560 in the end. but would of probable should of cost twice that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "extremeMR2"Just a little update on this. got the work done ( Replacement of an End Bearing in the box)

Paid for it out my own pocket as well. The warranty company said that it was a worn bearing and not a broken one, so they are not paying. Nice of them don't you think! !

Got the car back last Monday and I had a service done on the weekend buy a different dealership, who so kindly pointed out that half the bolts on the gearbox where missing including one missing and one loses mounting bolt.

GO TEAM TOYOTA

I have been in touch with my local trading standards and i have written the a nice letter to the dealership letting them know of the situation   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

how can they get away with such Sh*t workmanship and it's not a though it's once i a blue moon, or if it was happening at the same dealership.

WHAT IS GOING ON?   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Well I've got a meeting with the General Manager and the After Sales Manager tonight, to disuses the poor service I have received from them.

I aim going to try and aim for a refund on the labour costs only, and maybe ask for some goodwill (wheels refurbished) for the inconvenience and the safety risk.

I was hoping I could get some advise and some pointer from anyone here as to what I should be aiming for and what to remember.

Thanks
------------------
Ryan

Anonymous

Thanks, looks like im gonna be busy for next couple of weeks. . .   s:( :( s:(  
Oh well the price you pay for drivin a car i suppose. Thanks again...

Andz.

proeliator2001

Blimey, I'll steer well clear of Sims then!  They are the supplying dealer for mine as well but their prices seemed steep so you'd have at least hoped their grease monkeys could put bolts back in!  I'll be shopping around for my 2 year service at the end of the month then!
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

Anonymous

Quote from: "proeliator2001"Blimey, I'll steer well clear of Sims then

I Urge you to please do that (A well as others thinking or are using Sims in Northampton.)

I've had nothing but trouble with them, and it was there best and most experienced Grease monkey who did the work on the car   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
god knows what the other 16 year old will do to it.

I would highly recommend you to use Sturgess in Leicester. They are by far the best Dealer I've ever been to (Excellent Service + Extremely Helpful). They also charged me £80 less than Sims wanted to change for the same service.
bit of a trek I know but well worth it.

Failing that Milton Keynes is close enough. Both have courtesy cars available. Plus a bit of shopping in MK Should pass the time nicely.   s8) 8) s8)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "extremeMR2"
Quote from: "proeliator2001"Blimey, I'll steer well clear of Sims then

I Urge you to please do that (A well as others thinking or are using Sims in Northampton.)

I've had nothing but trouble with them, and it was there best and most experienced Grease monkey who did the work on the car   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
god knows what the other 16 year old will do to it.

I would highly recommend you to use Sturgess in Leicester. They are by far the best Dealer I've ever been to (Excellent Service + Extremely Helpful). They also charged me £80 less than Sims wanted to change for the same service.
bit of a trek I know but well worth it.

Failing that Milton Keynes is close enough. Both have courtesy cars available. Plus a bit of shopping in MK Should pass the time nicely.   s8) 8) s8)
I have been pretty happy with the service received by Steven Eagells in MK  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

proeliator2001

I've got qoutes for the 20k service - I emailed 6 local dealers to find the best qoute.  So far, only 3 replied (and that doesnt include the local one - SIMS!).  Highest is £270 inc brake fluid change (Marshalls Peterborough) and the lowest is £203 at Richard Tebbut (Bedford).  Steven Eagells wants £274 for the service minus 10% forum discount so about £247.  

Anyone have experience of Richard Tebbuts?  44 quid cheaper is a fair whack really.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

heathstimpson

Quote from: "proeliator2001"I've got qoutes for the 20k service - I emailed 6 local dealers to find the best qoute.  So far, only 3 replied (and that doesnt include the local one - SIMS!).  Highest is £270 inc brake fluid change (Marshalls Peterborough) and the lowest is £203 at Richard Tebbut (Bedford).  Steven Eagells wants £274 for the service minus 10% forum discount so about £247.  

Anyone have experience of Richard Tebbuts?  44 quid cheaper is a fair whack really.
I wasn't aware we got a discount at Steven Eagels   s:? :? s:?

proeliator2001

I asked all the dealers if the MR2 Roadster owners club got a discount.  Below is copy of their email -

The cost of a 20.000 mile second annual service (a full service) is £214.20 inc parts labour and vat.The brake fluid change is addition to the service and is tested to identify if it requires changing.The cost of a brake fluid change inc vat is £60.00.
We do offer a 10% discount to MR2 owners club members.
Please let me know if you wish to book this in.

Senior service advisor
Martin Cox

kanujunkie

looks like Liz's hard work writing to all those dealers paid off
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

Yay, Go! Liz!!!!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "philster_d"Yay, Go! Liz!!!!
Good on you Liz; will try it with the service next month  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I got a 5% discount on part automaticaly, when i rang up Sturgess and when asked, they gave me another 5% off labour. not bad !

rang up Sims to get a price match (£80 Difference) they said there prices are fixed.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "extremeMR2"I got a 5% discount on part automaticaly, when i rang up Sturgess and when asked, they gave me another 5% off labour. not bad !

rang up Sims to get a price match (£80 Difference) they said there prices are fixed.
Yes fixed by themselves  s:? :? s:?  It should be countrywide fixed prices like Ford/Vauxhaul et al   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Tags: