Starting Problem (again!)

Started by Anonymous, September 3, 2003, 18:13

Anonymous

Well i got my coils replaced the other week (where they forgot to replace a couple of clips in my engine bay!  m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=907 m ) so i went out to my car after work today, turned the key and it went "eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... cough, cough, cough, splutter, splutter....." (be creative with the sounds!) so i gave it some gas and it spluttered into life.

Went to dealers on my way home and said "its still having problems starting" and they said that i would have to leave it with them for a day to see if they can get it to do it.... but if it doesnt do it when its there then they wont know what the problem is and i will have to book it in again till they find it! GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... looks like i will have a lovely yaris next wednesday then!   s:x :x s:x

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"turned the key and it went "eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... cough, cough, cough, splutter, splutter....." (be creative with the sounds!) so i gave it some gas and it spluttered into life.

"gave it some gas" would suggest a fuelling problem, rather than ignition??

Anonymous

yeah, thats what they thought... at least they know where to look.

Any ideas of what exactly it could be?

markiii

you've been using optimax regularly haven't you?

try a tank of regular shell which has the stuff in it to clean your injectors, run through a couple of tanks and see if it persists, mine always runs better after I do that.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Its due for a fill up tomorrow so will stick the normal stuff in.

Its always had trouble, but then again, i think ive almost always used optimax anyway... will give it a go - cheers mate.

Anonymous

you may find that a injector has got some crap init and when no pressure is passing throguh the end the blobckage staysbut when presure is increased i.e. when the engine is running the blockage is moved therfreo the ECu wont pick it up

i had a similar problem

Tags: