Need New disks and breaks?? HOW MUCH ! !

Started by Anonymous, January 3, 2006, 16:37

Anonymous

Just got back from having the cars first M.O.T (which it sailed through) only to be told by MrT that "brake discs are 40% corroded on the inner face and 20% on outer, you will need some new discs and pads very soon".

Not from you at your prices, heh heh.
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Great find chaps,
  s:D :D s:D

proeliator2001

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "proeliator2001"I've paid more than that for a set of front pads   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    Very good price.  I just wish EBC would release some Redstuff for the '2 instead of just their green variety.

Does the new Redstuff compound actually work when cold? If not then I'm not sure you'd get them hot enough on our car unless you were on track..

*remembers scary moment with cold greenstuff pads*  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

I used to be a fan of EBC pads, but these days I think there are much better options - things like Porterfield RS4's, for a start.

I had Redstuff Ceramic V3's on the CTR and they were fecking fantastic.  No fade problems and huge levels of retardation considering all I did was replace the pads.  They worked okay when cold, probably a little below stock, but a couple of junctions would get them up to stock levels and then it was only upwards and onwards from there.

On a couple of very cold days I did left foot brake for a couple hundred yards to get them warmed up, not good for glazing but it was all good.

The CTR was heavy on front pads, changed mine after 11k miles and I didn't drive -that- fast.  So they used to create a lot of dust - the Redstuffs were significantly better for brake dust, though not as good as the '2 which seems VERY light on pads.  I couldn't recommend Redstuff's enough and I also never got any noise from the either which is a plus with that sort of pad.
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

edward.carter

Quote from: "extremeMR2"Just ordered a set of front disks and pads for £59 delivered.

right emailed motorsport world. new discs £82.46 + £10 del

new pads = 21.58 so total is 114.04   s:o :o s:o    i want to pay £59   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "edward.carter"
Quote from: "extremeMR2"Just ordered a set of front disks and pads for £59 delivered.

right emailed motorsport world. new discs £82.46 + £10 del

new pads = 21.58 so total is 114.04   s:o :o s:o    i want to pay £59   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
think they quoted you for 4 disks and 4 sets of pads. give them a ring on: 01357 529291

edward.carter

nope.  plain discs are 82 he says in first email, then i emailed back saying is that front discs and he said yep front pair inc vat.  delivery is £10

Anonymous

Quote from: "edward.carter"nope.  plain discs are 82 he says in first email, then i emailed back saying is that front discs and he said yep front pair inc vat.  delivery is £10

That doesnt sound right. i'd ring them, and ask for EBC standard disks. i fitted mine last night and i'm 100% sure it came to £59 including pads and Delivery . they might of bumbed the prices in the past couple of days?

edward.carter

will give them a ring and double check

Anonymous

They quoted me £59 last week via e-mail.

philster_d

Maybe Extreme has a part no. or 2 from his invoice/delivery note.

Phil

edward.carter

Quote from: "SiMR2"They quoted me £59 last week via e-mail.
maybe they just dont like me   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    used them before aswell... will phone and see what they say

edward.carter

right phoned them and it has come to there attention that the prices were wrong and 82+10 is the correct price, so all i can say to you ryan is.... You jammy g*t ! !   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "edward.carter"right phoned them and it has come to there attention that the prices were wrong and 82+10 is the correct price, so all i can say to you ryan is.... You jammy g*t ! !   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

well tell them they quoted you the wrong price last week, and they need to honer there quote and give it to you for the stupidly low price   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

edward.carter

prob wont fall for that as my quote was by email  s:) :) s:)    never mind   s:P :P s:P

Tags: