Unichip tuning in the North West

Started by Two's Company, January 5, 2006, 08:49

spit

Steve,

Good to know you're back safe & sound and enjoying the extra grunt. Must say that - for anyone considering the Unichip route - its an impressively put together piece of kit. The build quality is first class and the keyfob light is a nice little promo touch!

Quote from: "Two's Company"
Quote from: "RUSTY"The main thing you'll find is the improved mid range makes a big difference on the road and the engine will feel a lot more responsive. I wouldn't worry too much about max BHP figures as  in the real world they're less relevant. Anyway, what other mods are you running?
.......Mods list looks very similar to yours mate.......
You'll be wanting some Advans then Steve  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  !

(BTW Russ, your mutant bits will be back with you tomorrow  s:wink: :wink: s:wink: )  

Quote from: "Two's Company".......Ste has kindly volunteered to organise a North West meet soon   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   See you there!   s8) 8) s8)
Did I? Oh yeah...I'll pick up on the NW meet thread over the weekend.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Two's Company

Quote from: "spit"Did I? Oh yeah...I'll pick up on the NW meet thread over the weekend.

Not exactly...Just thought you needed some encouragement to pull it together!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Two's Company"Just got back from Millways after a very long day and 450 mile round trip   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
.................Peter.......Liz.......David....Steve....Peter...Liz.....David....Steve
..................bhp........bhp.......bhp........bhp.....tor......tor......tor.........tor
2500rpm........58.........68........66.........65.......120.....139.....126......136
4000rpm......103........107......103........105......133.....141.....134......138
5000rpm......126........129......126........126......131.....133.....131......131
6000rpm......145........150......145........143......127.....127.....126......124

Overall, I'm very pleased   s:D :D s:D  

Steve

Steve, Having looked at most peoples figures for the Unichip they are all very similair. The only exception was James (Bigun007) who reported 165-ish BHP. However, I've been unable to locate an image of his print-out on the site to compare his readings across the whole range.
With hindsight do you wish you'd gone to Aldon as they are much closer and could have done you on a saturday  s:?: :?: s:?:

Two's Company

Quote from: "DavidM"With hindsight do you wish you'd gone to Aldon as they are much closer and could have done you on a saturday  s:?: :?: s:?:

No, I'm glad I went to Millway.  They are great guys and really know the '2.  

I enjoyed my day out, I don't get the chance to give the car a decent run very often.   s:D :D s:D  

It would be interesting to compare the results on a dyno day when the weather is the same for all the runs.  I don't think there would be much in it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Two's Company"No, I'm glad I went to Millway.  They are great guys and really know the '2.  

Glad to hear your '2 was tuned well.

Do you mind me asking how much they charge to do the tune up?

Also i tried their website, but it says the domain is for sale. Does anybody have any contact details for Millways that they could post up please?

Thanks,
Matt

Two's Company

Hi Matt,

They charged £141 to tune the chip.  

Tel 01264 336344

Cheers

Steve

Two's Company

I have been trying to put the bin plastics back together this afternoon but had a problem with the positioning of the chip.

I fixed it in as per the instructions but the bin plastic doesn't fit then.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Where's the best place to mount it?  Will it fir under the plastics?

It went dark before I could play around with it some more.

Cheers

Steve

kanujunkie

if you've got a manual, then directly in the middle under the plastic tray, where the SMT ECU sits, mines sits neatly in there under the monobloc
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

That's exactly where I put mine!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Two's Company"Where's the best place to mount it?  Will it fir under the plastics?
I fitted mine with Velcro to the side panel that pops off easily  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

roger

Quote from: "heathstimpson"
Quote from: "Two's Company"Where's the best place to mount it?  Will it fir under the plastics?
I fitted mine with Velcro to the side panel that pops off easily  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Mine's on the BACK of the side panel, so its out of view and doesnt get knocked. Probably what Heath meant.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"

Mine's on the BACK of the side panel, so its out of view and doesnt get knocked. Probably what Heath meant.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Exactly right Roger  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: