Started by Anonymous, September 7, 2003, 08:16

Anonymous

Is there an easy way to fix a sagging 1986 mr2 left door besides
replacing the hinges? I think the hinge pin hole is worn and the
door sags 1/8 inch.
Mike

Anonymous

Hi Mike,

Althought some people here have Mk 1 and Mk2 experience, the majority of the forum are Mk 3 (Roadster/Spyder) owners, so I doubt you will get a reply here. I think Tem had a Mk2, but Im not so sure.

Maybe one of the other MR2 forums may be of more help to you? Try  w www.mr2dc.com w  or  w www.imoc.co.uk w .

Victor

Tem

Quote from: "victor"I think Tem had a Mk2, but Im not so sure.

Maybe one of the other MR2 forums may be of more help to you? Try  w www.mr2dc.com w  or  w www.imoc.co.uk w .

Had a Mk1 with the same problem  s:) :) s:)  You can adjust the door a bit from the hinge, so that it still sags, but just sits a bit higher. Just be careful, if you (or anyone else) ever slam the door shut by holding it "up", you might break things.

And IMHO the best MR2 Forum for Mk1&2 is  m http://board.mr2faq.com/ m

(I guess an admin should more this to another area, since the maintenance is for Roadster-stuff)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote(I guess an admin should more this to another area, since the maintenance is for Roadster-stuff)

Uh.. yeah, just not sure where, since we don't have anywhere for non-Roadster stuff!

Tem

Ah...so it seems  s:) :) s:)

Well, the hinges are alike on Roadster as well...most just aren't old enough so far...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

I have needed to do this on my roadster since it was rubbing on the fibre glass.  I moved the whole door forward about 3mm.  There are 2 sets of 2 bolts that can be slid forward once they have been loosened.  These are hidden by the front wings.

Tags: