north east firm that will remove Pre-cats

Started by Anonymous, January 20, 2006, 17:23

Anonymous

Hi guys

just a quick heads up to a company in the north east I have just used to remove my pre-cats (done while 2 was in for servicing).

ive asked for a price for just doing pre-cats and they have said for anyone mentioning the MR2ROC they would remove pre-cats for 55 quid including vat.

they will also be happy to look after your 2 as the owner is Ex Toyota trained.

the company is called S-CARS and they are based in spennymoor Co Durham.

contact CARL on 01388811855

Cheers

Dave

Anonymous

I might be up for that. Did you watch them do it? Does it sound and/or feel different afterwards?

I'm very paranoid about work being done properly (or at all) at garages!

ChrisHumes

Likewise, I dont want any bits left floating about in these. Where abouts are you all in the north east by the way??

I think im going to pop down and have a chat with him about it.

MR-S Turbo

Sounds like a good deal   s:D :D s:D
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

Anonymous

Quote from: "northum"Did you watch them do it?

i didnt watch carl remove my pre-cats but im in the motortrade myself and know of carl and his work.

my 2 was the first hes ever removed precats on so he followed GSB's instructions from this forum that i printed out for him.

i checked the precats were gone through the o2 sensor hole and all looks well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ChrisHumes"Where abouts are you all in the north east by the way??

I think I'm going to pop down and have a chat with him about it.

hi chris

im just outside of Durham City, I will be at S-Cars on thursday disscussing other things i want doing to my 2 so pop along it will be nice to meet other northeast 2 drivers

Anonymous

I think I will give Carl a ring then, thanks!

Nice to see another 2 driver with a bike, I have a K5 Suzuki SV650S   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

I used to have K3 SV650S Cracking bike

Anonymous

Chris,

It says Newcastle in my profile, but its Cramlington really for those who know the area!

Anonymous

Quote from: "northum"I think I will give Carl a ring then, thanks!

tell him you have spoke to me (he knows me as dave from turners of sedgefield) and mention the MR2ROC.

Cheers

Anonymous

I'm enjoying mine that's for sure. It saves the car from getting a hammering because it gets caned on most of the sunny days. It's a problem knowing which to take out sometimes! I'll probably try a 4 cylinder 600 next time round.

Anonymous

Quote from: "northum"IIt's a problem knowing which to take out sometimes!

thats easy the bikes for going fast the 2 is for posing  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Will do, it would be a relief to get rid of the cats. I would have done it myself before but I'm no mechanic and the bolts are rusty and stubborn   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

and I'm not good enough to oversteer a bike   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

same here

thats why im in car sales not car repairs  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

jonytom

Quote from: "northum"I think I will give Carl a ring then, thanks!

Let me know how it goes. My warranty expires at end of April and will be looking to get this done asap after.

Cheers Dave. Thought I was going to have to start pestering Markiii soon, and make a long trip down south. This might save me some petrol money!

Johnny
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

Anonymous

I've booked in with Carl for a couple of weeks time. I will update when its done!

Anonymous

My pre-cats are out   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D  

Carl did this for me yesterday. He was happy to let me stick my nose in and see what was happening. He made it look easy but I wouldn't recommend trying this as a complete novice as it will take hours of discomfort and frustration! Experienced mechanics have a way with these things. Its also made a lot easier by having all the right kit like impact sockets and air powered tools. Not to mention a lift.

My pre-cats actually looked fine but you don't know that til you've virtually got them out do you!

I have been keeping an eye out for any engine warning lights since but none have appeared as yet (only about 40 miles covered). Difficult to judge any performance increase, although the sound does change, not much louder but sounds like it is breathing easier as you would expect.

The only slight downside is that one of the top bolts holding on the main heatshield snapped. So now its just held on with three of the four (replaced with new bolts).

I'll be keeping a careful eye for a few weeks but I think long term I'm happier with them out!

MR-S Turbo

Took a roadster to Carl today.  He gutted the precats in no time and was very helpful.  He even sorted out the heat sheilds on the exhaust too.  If your in the North East and havent had your precats out, I would reccomend him very highly.  And its a very good price.   s:D :D s:D
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

PET3R

will consider it

Anonymous

Quote from: "MR-S Turbo"Took a roadster to Carl today.  He gutted the precats in no time and was very helpful.  He even sorted out the heat sheilds on the exhaust too.  If your in the North East and havent had your precats out, I would reccomend him very highly.  And its a very good price.   s:D :D s:D

good to see you had a good experience carls a top bloke

alancdavis

what does removing thr precat do,,,,will it have any way that will damage the engine  s:? :? s:?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

kanujunkie

Quote from: "alancdavis"what does removing thr precat do,,,,will it have any way that will damage the engine  s:? :? s:?

no Alan it wont damage the engine, but leaveing them in could possibly lead to them breaking up and damageing your engine. Mine have been out for 2 years now and no issues at all. Remove them before they fail is the only thing we can say.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

ChrisHumes

right, just had my 40k service at toyota, so booked car in for next friday pm to have the precats done.

Im a bit nervous that toyota may spot they have been removed if i have any problems as I need it serviced at toyota for two years for the warranty. should i be worried?

MR-S Turbo

Quote from: "ChrisHumes"right, just had my 40k service at toyota, so booked car in for next friday pm to have the precats done.

I'm a bit nervous that toyota may spot they have been removed if i have any problems as I need it serviced at toyota for two years for the warranty. should i be worried?

I doubt Toyota will notice they have gone.  And they know its a common problem anyway that they break up and fall out by them selves.
TRD 2000GT - 500BHP ish

Tags: