My engine sounds a bit like a diesel, is this bad?

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2006, 09:50

kanujunkie

end of conversation then i think. if you want to be stupid then fine, its your car but dont bother and waste peoples time by asking questions and requesting answers to them if your not prepared to help yourself and do something about it.
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

leon_in_uk

im back...

right still driving around and the engine light has just come on. still sounds like a diesel but should have a newer engine by 2 weeks.

what is the engine light trying to tell me?

ta
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Anonymous

Well your engine is fcuked so that will be what the light is trying to tell you buddy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "daz8365"Well your engine is fcuked so that will be what the light is trying to tell you buddy.

Succinctly put  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "daz8365"Well your engine is fcuked so that will be what the light is trying to tell you buddy.

What he said   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Hope you get it sorted soon dude   s8) 8) s8)

edward.carter

it will be the check engine light, this has many different readings and you wont know that untill you get the code read.

heres the code list.
 m http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/index. ... rticleid=8 m

SteveJ

I'm still waiting for the "I lost control and bent my car" post after the engine seizes and pitches you into a ditch or under a big truck.

YOUR CAR IS KNACKERED - STOP DRIVING IT NOW.

leon_in_uk

umm nah...

i do less then 2 miles a day. keeping it to a very minimum... if it does happen just put my foot on the clutch.

i am getting it sorted very quick also..
For sale: 3.5 v6 Nissan murano
Previous:
BMW z4 3.0
Seat leon cupra mk2
Porsche Boxster 987, lapis blue, leather heated seats, xenons,, twin pipe...
SOLD:
bmw z4 2.0 sport
Silver MR-2, newish engine, clutch new alternator. Gutted Pre Cats..... MODS.....
HKS exhaust. markiii pipe, Anthracite Alloys. Red Calipers with Spyder decals. . Lowered 40mm. 03 vents, chrome jet washers lol... and my helpful Road Angel \":)\"

Liz

The way I see it, you have come on here asking for advice, you were advised ages ago that it was not a good idea to drive it in its current state.
You post today this:

Quoteright still driving around and the engine light has just come on. still sounds like a diesel but should have a newer engine by 2 weeks.

this is the most shocking..

Quotewhat is the engine light trying to tell me?

Have you read the owners manual  s:?: :?: s:?:  , I haven't got mine to hand anymore, but I am pretty sure it is somewhere along the lines of - if the engine light comes on, don't drive it. Maybe someone would like to look in their manual and quote what it says.  People on here have taken their time and know how and given you advise about what to do and you have blatently ignored it.  

Remember its not only you at danger - its other road users/pedestrians as well - I find your ignorance stunning...and believe me thats not meant as a compliment.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "leon_in_uk"umm nah...

i do less then 2 miles a day. keeping it to a very minimum... if it does happen just put my foot on the clutch.

i am getting it sorted very quick also..

Sod this, I'm through being nice. If this means I lose my modship, then so be it.

You sir, are what is known as 'a complete idiot'. You may have noticed people talking behind your back, secret whispers... That kind of thing. Allow me let you into a little secret: They're all calling you stupid. You may find this surprising: I can assure you that we don't.

You keep driving your car and you are going to kill someone at some point. If that's just you then it's no great loss to the world's DNA mould, but you also stand a very real chance of killing an innocent person. Think about that for a second.

Could you live with yourself if you ended up ploughing into a young child at 50+mph and killing them? Is it worth finding out? Just stump up the cash and get a taxi to work if it's that short a distance: What you pay the cabbie you'll save on fuel, as well as reducing the risk of killing someone to zero.

I can't stand stupidity when the person obviously has a grasp of exactly what the real world is about. Congratulations on getting me mad enough to post this and risk my own membership of the club: That's probably the most you'll ever achieve in life.

Prat.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

red_leicester

I don't think you should lose your modship for that Dan, I think you should be promoted to... executivemod?

Watch out for stray MR2s if you're in Tamworth this week!
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

philster_d

Or even walk if its only a mile each way.

Anonymous

its not rocket science leon, its very very simple, DONT DRIVE THE CAR!

frankly your attidude is appalling and you are a danger to yourself and others.

kanujunkie

before anything else is said, THREAD LOCKED!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: