Blank Switch by Mirror Controls

Started by Anonymous, September 11, 2003, 21:04

Anonymous

Does anyone know what goes  in the blank switch next to the mirror controls?  All the US spec cars i've seen haven't had anything there.

Thanks
Shane

Anonymous

I think I have a window lock control...or is that next the the door lock button

Anonymous

i think its the lock button to stop the passenger window operating.

Anonymous

It's the dark blank switch to the right of the mirror control.

Anonymous

At a guess its just a blank piece of plastic so you can install your own switch for whatever you choice (start button etc...)

It you can press it in then i'd guess that its a button thats not wired up to anything yet.  Get a electrician to follow the wire and find out.

Is the car brand new?

Anonymous

Ok from what I've come up with so far is that it is supposed to be the Toyota VIP Security System switch if it is installed on your car.  One guy said it was lumbar.  Not sure where he came up with that.

Tem

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"At a guess its just a blank piece of plastic so you can install your own switch for whatever you choice (start button etc...)

WD is right, it's just a blank cover.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Bear in mind that Shane914's car is left hand drive, I reckon it IS for the VIP security system our American chums can have fitted as an option (no alarm as standard).
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

There's a similar blank piece of plastic on both sides of the steering wheel  s:) :) s:)

It's the same size as all the other switches, so you can fit pretty much anything in there. Alarm-thingies, extra lights, pretty much anything.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

GSB

Its for the Flux capacitor. Hit the button, accelerate to 88mph, and visit the 60's man...  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Chris

on my 03 model, that's where the switch for the front fogs is, and the other side blank is taken up by the trc off button (along with a mysterious red spot)
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"(along with a mysterious red spot)

not sure about the SMT version but aint the 'red spot' the flashing LED for your alarm (is on mine anyway, but on the other side of the steering wheel, near the centre console)

Chris

yep, that'll be the one - doh!!!

forgot about that...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

oh, Chris... thought you would know all about red lights... and orange ones... and green ones....!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  (only joking mate!)

Anonymous

Anyone had a silver focus chase them into lakeside recently?..

HAHAHA

Chris

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"oh, Chris... thought you would know all about red lights... and orange ones... and green ones....!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  (only joking mate!)

Cheeky git!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

must remember to slap Kris on sunday   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
/mental note...

EDIT:  for pics of the now (in)famous traffic island incident aftermath, check out my reply in this topic:  m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1004 m
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

it's an ideal place for mounting remote bass gain control   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   like i hve mine from my bass cube

Anonymous

On my 2000 '02 it's where the flashing LED panel is for the FF alarm.  Not sure if this is the standard postioning for it though...

Tags: