How Much To Replace The Stock Bridgestone Potenza's

Started by Anonymous, March 13, 2006, 14:08

Anonymous

MOT coming up and think i will need a couple of these, what price do they come in at?

Bridgestone Potenza's 185/55/15

markiii

cheaper to get new proxies al round than buy 2 of those
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

darrenjuggins

Hi If you like the Bridgestones - look to pay approx £70 - £80 per corner, fitting, valve and balanced.

Mark is right the Toyo are less expensive, depends on what tyres you like thou.

Cheers

Darren J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

MyTyres do the Potenzas for £56 per corner delivered but not fitted.

EventTyres do a van to you for £70 per corner fitted at the track.

Given those two figures you can proably do it for £60-£65.

Mr T do it for £80 fitted.

(prices are based on rear tyre size pre '03 and are current as of last week)

Anonymous

I only know what the stock ones are like so I have no idea what to do here, one thing for sure though is I will be wanting the same 4 tyres all round.

heathstimpson

I have a couple I've just taken off the front of mine with around 4mm that I was going to Ebay. I'll look into postage if interested as i don't want much for them  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Yeh do that mate and I will let you know, it is going in for the MOT the end of this month.

What is the legal limit on tread depth??

Taa

aaronjb

Quote from: "daz8365"What is the legal limit on tread depth??

1.6mm if I recall correctly
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

PET3R

2mm i think, that was on the walls at the vauxhall dealers anyway..

Anonymous

so how long under normal driving would i get out of 4mm before they need replaced.......rough estimate?

PET3R

5mm is fine and 2mm is when you should get new ones so you are fine atm.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "daz8365"so how long under normal driving would i get out of 4mm before they need replaced.......rough estimate?

if you drive sensibly then you could in theory get 1000 - 2000miles out of that, but i would like to point out as well that i killed off 1.5mm on the way up to Anglesey, its all down to how you drive the car, its like saying how longs a piece of string

1.6mm is correct Aaron
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Chris_h

They usually start with about 8mm - although this does vary by brand / size etc..

Based on that, you have about 6mm of usuable tread (assuming you replace at 2mm, rather than wait till the bare minimum of 1.6mm).
So if they have 4mm, you are only 66% worn - and even if you only get 12k out of a set, that is 4000 miles remaining.

FWIW, my 1 old biddy owned 02 car is on its original fronts after 25k, they have 4 mm remaining - or in other words, 1mm of tread is lasting over 5k miles. However, I don't expect this wear rate to continue much longer   s:D :D s:D
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Chris_h"They usually start with about 8mm - although this does vary by brand / size etc..

Based on that, you have about 6mm of usuable tread (assuming you replace at 2mm, rather than wait till the bare minimum of 1.6mm).
So if they have 4mm, you are only 66% worn - and even if you only get 12k out of a set, that is 4000 miles remaining.

FWIW, my 1 old biddy owned 02 car is on its original fronts after 25k, they have 4 mm remaining - or in other words, 1mm of tread is lasting over 5k miles. However, I don't expect this wear rate to continue much longer   s:D :D s:D
I have had them removed after 23K but do a lot of motorway driving. The backs were around 2.5mm-3mm and the fronts 4-5mm. I will check the depths tomorrow as I'm at work at the mo.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I just phoned my local tyre place for a price and they quoted £56.73 per tyre, she was talking about different codes i.e RE040 and RE050, does this make any sense?

I will need to check the tyre wall when i get home

roger

RE040 is the stock tyre.

RE050 is a "cheaper" version. Its not unidirectional and slanted so in theory doesn't have as good wet weather performance - according to the Bridgestone site.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "roger"RE040 is the stock tyre.

RE050 is a "cheaper" version. Its not unidirectional and slanted so in theory doesn't have as good wet weather performance - according to the Bridgestone site.

Less performance in the wet than stock!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Good grief!

Simon

aaronjb

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Less performance in the wet than stock!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Indeed.. you might as well just fit greased skis and be done with it  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I'm assuming it will be the RE040 that I have on my car at the moment then as i'm sure it is the stock ones.

roger

Quote from: "daz8365"I'm assuming it will be the RE040 that I have on my car at the moment then as i'm sure it is the stock ones.

If its stock Bridgestone, then, yes.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Are Toyo's & Proxies the same thing????

How much do these come in at? if someone can tell me more about these such as the exact size for the roadster 2000 model I can ring about locally and get prices.

Sorry for sounding stupid.

markiii

yes they are

you can get T-1R in the same sizes as your oem bridgestones
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

edward.carter

toyo is the maker proxes is the model

t1r is the current variation of them

so you want toyo proxes t1-r

fronts are 185/55/15 rear are 205/50/15

i just got a pair of rears from mytyres.net for about £94
and the fronts were about £83

fitting is roughly £10/wheel
so your looking at just over £200 all in

Anonymous

If only 2 of my tyres need replacing is this ok to do this as long as they are the same make all the way round the car?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "daz8365"If only 2 of my tyres need replacing is this ok to do this as long as they are the same make all the way round the car?

backs and fronts need to be replaced as a pair and preferably of the same make, i've just had my rears done today with the front still on about 5mm
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: