Anyone have a picture of the TRD spoiler...

Started by Anonymous, June 3, 2003, 10:45

Anonymous

... and why is it mounted so far back?  s:?: :?: s:?:

Hope4Sun

Here some pics of the TRD rear spoiler, there are more in the mods section on my site  s:) :) s:) . Most spoilers are mounted pretty far back (to get it into the air stream and create down force, though most of this spoilers are pretty cosmetic.

The UK (Euro Spoiler) is mounted even further back. Of course if you want a mid mounted one, have a look at the TTE spoiler, this mounts just behind the soft top.

Hope these help

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

Tem

Just a note about that TTE spoiler...it looks pretty nice when the top is down, but it looks silly when the top is up...not to mention how it looks with hardtop. Keep that in mind, unless you only drive on sunny days..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

where can you get one of these nice TRD spoilers from then?   s:D :D s:D

Hope4Sun

Jase at MTTE ( w www.mrtwo.co.uk w ) may well be able to get you one shipped over, or Japanparts should be able to get the official TRD ones for you, also the black one show above is a replica from a company called Air Stream ( w www.airstreamsunroofs.com w ), more details in the store on Euroroadster.com.

The copy is very good and may even work out cheaper  s:) :) s:)

Andy

Anonymous

But as you can see from te pictures that hope 4 sun posted the brake light on teh spolier gets in the way of teh 3rd brake light on the rear!

so it dose look a bit weard with 4 brake lights a bit ott.

Wonder if you can get it without the brake light??

Hope4Sun

The official TRD spoiler comes with a plastic cover that replaces the normal 3rd brake light, i believe you can still obtain these covers, as for the light on the spoiler, i'm sure they could make you one with out the light or when you have it painted, get the body shop to fill it, it would not add much to the cost i'm sure (  s:? :? s:?  )

Andy

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Just a note about that TTE spoiler...it looks pretty nice when the top is down, but it looks silly when the top is up...not to mention how it looks with hardtop. Keep that in mind, unless you only drive on sunny days..

wish I'd read this before I ordered it, because the dealer just e-mailed me a picture of the car and Mmmm it does look a bit strange   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

markiii

not so bad, just not sure of it on red.

you definately need lowering springs though.

and please post some detailed pics of Davids console when it arrives.

thanks.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I'll see if it goprws on me   s:? :? s:?  

Have held off on the TTE springs because The trial kit looks pretty low already and dont want to have the clearance problems I had with the celica, will see how she sits with the kit and 17's

Davids not making the console until Jan and it takes abouta month anyway, but will post pics when it arrives and is in

markiii

thanks Perry, can you post spme close up pics of it pre install as well.

slaped wrists for me for topic drift.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

no probs  :-) :-) :-)   any way wings.......  s:? :? s:?

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Tem"Just a note about that TTE spoiler...it looks pretty nice when the top is down, but it looks silly when the top is up...not to mention how it looks with hardtop. Keep that in mind, unless you only drive on sunny days..

Also make sure that it is very firmly attached. I have heard a couple of reports of them flying off, including one at less than 70mph on the M11!!!

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Hope4Sun"The official TRD spoiler comes with a plastic cover that replaces the normal 3rd brake light, i believe you can still obtain these covers, as for the light on the spoiler, i'm sure they could make you one with out the light or when you have it painted, get the body shop to fill it, it would not add much to the cost i'm sure (  s:? :? s:?  )

Andy

If you have a spoiler with a brake light you will need the plastic cover as it is illegal to display more than one HMSL.

Regarding the TRD spoiler, I thought TRD stopped making these "officially" about 18 months ago and the only ones you could now get were replicas. When TRD were making them there were two types, one with, and one without, the brake light.

Anonymous

So the bodykit on the yellow car is from TRD?
I have the same on my silver model and didn't know who made it. It came from japan already fitted.
My front spoiler has a crack in it.
Any ideas on where to get a new spoiler? UK/ elsewhere?and most importantly, cost?
(I am going to see how it fits on and if I can get it off will attempt a plastic-superglue repair (model shops have stuff specially for plastics), but might as well have the info to hand in case it doesn't work.)

MR2Blue

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "Hope4Sun"The official TRD spoiler comes with a plastic cover that replaces the normal 3rd brake light, i believe you can still obtain these covers, as for the light on the spoiler, i'm sure they could make you one with out the light or when you have it painted, get the body shop to fill it, it would not add much to the cost i'm sure (  s:? :? s:?  )

Andy

If you have a spoiler with a brake light you will need the plastic cover as it is illegal to display more than one HMSL.

Regarding the TRD spoiler, I thought TRD stopped making these "officially" about 18 months ago and the only ones you could now get were replicas. When TRD were making them there were two types, one with, and one without, the brake light.

OH NO  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:  
Cartell, not only have we got illegal reflectors, we've also got illegal rear spoilers too.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Tem

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"Regarding the TRD spoiler, I thought TRD stopped making these "officially" about 18 months ago and the only ones you could now get were replicas. When TRD were making them there were two types, one with, and one without, the brake light.

Hmmmm...you've been reading too much SC  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

TRD spoiler has the brake light, all of them. And it comes with a cover, that covers the stock 3rd brake light. And they still make them, TRD USA just doesn't import them to US anymore.

The Spoilerdepot copy of the spoiler comes without the brake light.

And just to confuse things more, TRD actually makes two spoilers for MR-S/MR2, here's a pic of the one usually called "TRD spoiler", which is "Aero Sports Rear Spoiler" in Japan:
(also note the stock brake light cover)

And here's the TRD Widebodykit Spoiler:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Tem"Hmmmm...you've been reading too much SC  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  I haven't read SC since MR2 ROC was set up   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: