weird noise through speakers??suggestions

Started by Anonymous, October 5, 2003, 01:30

Anonymous

i have recently installed my rear speakers in the storage doors,but when i turn the ignition off a get a loud noise comin through them???
hard to describe what the noise sounds like,but its kind of like an electrical fart.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
any constructive suggestions on what it could be???

Anonymous

Quote from: "jonboy"i have recently installed my rear speakers in the storage doors,but when i turn the ignition off a get a loud noise comin through them???
hard to describe what the noise sounds like,but its kind of like an electrical fart.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

There might be some current going through.  How long does the humming last?

Slacey

I've heard it; an electrical fart is a good description! Noise is only for  second or so, I reckon.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Well, although I do not get any electrical farts, I noticed that my stock Sony takes a second to fully switch off.

I guess, until the HU is fully switched off, current will flow to the speakers.

Anonymous

its only when i turn off the ignition and take the key out that i get the noise.its like an electrical feed back though the speakers,but it only comes from the rears and not the front.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jonboy"its only when i turn off the ignition and take the key out that i get the noise.its like an electrical feed back though the speakers,but it only comes from the rears and not the front.

Sounds to me like the decay of the pre-amp whilst the main amp is still on. This gives a buzz sound as discribed. Have you tried switching the sound system off before you remove the ignition, and if so, does this make a difference?

The best person to speak to about this would be Buster, if he is still monitoring the forum. Send him a PM.

Anonymous

yep,still does it.
i always switch the stero off before i turn off the ignition.
the amp i have is old so i am wondering if it could be a problem with that????

markiii

could be how you wired the amp. are you using the remote switch on or is it permanently on?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

both.
the remote is connected to the radio so when then radio turns off the amp turns off as well.
i have wired the positive to the radio positive as well not directly to the battery.
i wonder if that might be the reason????

markiii

possible.

You really shouldn't have an amp off the radio power supply though anyway. I'd suggest wiring directly to the battery and see if the problem ceases.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

More than likely a decay and lack of earthing. If you have both in conjunction, your are going to pick up the decay sound from the amp. Wire direct to the battery, earth it correctly and should be Ok.

The earthing is probably a big problem though.......if it IS earthed correctly, then, wire direct to the battery anyway.....

markiii

if the power doesn't go direct to teh battery then I doubt the earth does.

markiii

where have you monted your Amp?

If its in the rear bins then it's easy to get to teh battery with a quite short run of cable.

Tem

Quote from: "jonboy"i have recently installed my rear speakers in the storage doors,but when i turn the ignition off a get a loud noise comin through them???

Is that "fart" more of a constant hiss or a single pop?

Cause some (usually cheap) amps just pop when you turn them off and/or on...only way to fix it is to build a relay that connects the speaker wires a second or so after/before the amp is powered on/off. Those relays apparently cost too much for cheaper amps...

There are some other causes as well, but that's the most common one...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I thought you would of sussded it by now guys   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   Slacey your in detention very bad for not picking it up   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Oh a quick qeuestion but do you get humming when driving along ?

Rigth well im prosumming that you have wired the amp up cprrectly othjer wise it generaly wouldnt work anyway,z

Rigth well on the back of the stero you will have the output sigfnal in RCA format this means that when you turn the headunit off it's seading teh alrger signal throught the RCA's creating a POP (not a fart !!!)

anyway This is normally caused by 2 things

1) The altornator is still providing power for the H/U when not on and this creates a power spkie inwhich the headunit will pass throguht the voltage as a singal and then it gets boosted byt the amp creating the POP! This can be sorted bu adding a cupasitor on teh +VE on the headunit normally around 100 micro farads nothing major just stops the spike getting throguht

2) there is a fault on the realy on the H/U nothing major and it dosent class to be taken back all it means is that you also need the cupastor on the +VE like before and on the output side on the h/u i.e the RCA and this will stop nay spikes on the output side getting throught and therefore stoping teh pop

The adding of capasitiors will not hurt the sound in anyway nor will it effect teh effevctiveness to the sound. People in the Truck SPL use small capastiros to stop sound spikes and it's is very normall for it to happend once upgraded comps!

Be warned the capasitors i mention are not for the amp and are not the one's that boy racers have to keep the power up these are purley small one's to stop power spikes not power drops !

And to all those people who have upgraded the comps and dont have these problems is because you will still have the power going teh the comps  but the crossovers have built in cupoastiors and this stops it simple

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

ah hope this helps and i have a bad cold so im going to have some lemsip now   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Slacey

Quote from: "Buster"Slacey your in detention very bad for not picking it up   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sorry sir, won't let it happen again...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

LOL   s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Buster, you da man.  Respect!!!

s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Anonymous

dont count your chickens yet he hasnt tryed it yet nor has it solved the probelm

But hell yeah im good   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

cheers chaps.  s:D :D s:D  
i am gonna re-wire it on wedenesday so i will let you know.
i original had the amp in the glove box but have now moved it into the storage bins so it will be easier to wire.its more like a pop rather than a his,have checked the earth as it is straight to the body and that ok so it must be the live(i hope).
thanxs for all your help.

Anonymous

bad news chaps it still 'farts'
re-wired the whole lot,have cured the engine noise though the speakers but the fart/pop is still there,but the strange thing is its not as loud????
think im gonna go for a new amp cause i have had this one for about 5 years.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jonboy"i have had this one for about 5 years.

I think you might have found your problem...

Anonymous

yeah the replay in the amp has warn out you forgot to mention the 5 year old bit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: