O2 Sensor broken...

Started by Anonymous, June 27, 2006, 09:53

excavator

Are any of these 27 ohm 50 watt jobbies still available & if so, who can help me, as I believe Nic is no longer the chairman?   s:) :) s:)

Mightyquin

Same here I need to do this fix as the car is due for its MOT.

Any sensors available, or where can I buy one from (i.e. would Halfords stock such a thing?!).

Jon_G

Try Maplin, RS Components or eBay. I've been using a 15 ohm / 15 Watt resistor quite happily for years so, taking note of the information above, I suggest that anything between 15 - 27ohm will work fine and a rating of at least 15w will take the load without burning out.

For example, this one would be OK (select a 22 ohm one, as 27 ohms not available)...  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50W-Aluminium ... _826wt_756 m  ...doesn't really matter if it's wirewound, so long as it's robust and able to stand the heat generated.

Wabbitkilla

Get a sensor from sparkplugs.co.uk and only buy the Denso one, anything else will break in no time.

Last resistors I got were 27ohm 50Watt from RS Components. They're less prone to heating up.

I may not be chairman now, but I am still here  s:-o :-o s:-o :razz::lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Mightyquin

Thanks, ordered that resistor via eBay.

If it was just the sensor I had to do I'd probably have gone for the replacement instead of the fix, but I'm fitting a new rad, and the car is going in for a full service & MOT with my usual mechanic so more £££'s about to be dropped!

From what I've read there's no real reason not to do the fix on the rear sensor?

Jon_G

Quote from: "Mightyquin"Thanks, ordered that resistor via eBay.

If it was just the sensor I had to do I'd probably have gone for the replacement instead of the fix, but I'm fitting a new rad, and the car is going in for a full service & MOT with my usual mechanic so more £££'s about to be dropped!

From what I've read there's no real reason not to do the fix on the rear sensor?
Correct, that bottom sensor is there to provide ECU feedback that the cat is 'doing something'... it doesn't inform fueling, so it doesn't matter as long as the ECU believes that the internal heater is drawing current and therefore appears to be working.

Tags: