changing the steering wheel

Started by alancdavis, July 2, 2006, 21:45

alancdavis

Might seem a silly question ,,,but,,,how difficult is it to replace the steering wheel   s:?: :?: s:?:   the main worry I have is disconnecting the air bag    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

kanujunkie

dont worry Alan its a really simple job. 2 torx bit screws and a simple plug and it all comes off, took me about 2 minutes to dissasemble Marks one. Hardest part is actually removeing the steering wheel and not giving yourself a black eye but Seans idea works a treat. Use a simple pillow  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Hardest part is the wireing for the horn after, but now we know the secret to it, that parts easy too  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Got to change mine in a bit, the leathers getting a bit worn. Looking out for one on ebay.
Got a niggling feeling the air bag bill blow up in my face  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

philster_d

So disconnect the battery first  s;) ;) s;)

alancdavis

Thanks for the advise gents   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

spit

Quote from: "Phil-yarde"Got to change mine in a bit, the leathers getting a bit worn. Looking out for one on ebay.

I think you're a silver aren't you Phil?

In which case, you probably won't be interested in this, but a heads up to anyone else with 72 quid to spend.

Personally, I'd get the existing wheel re-covered to taste but this is a quick solution for someone.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Yup, i'm silver

But thanks anyway spit  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

QuotePersonally, I'd get the existing wheel re-covered to taste but this is a quick solution for someone.

I was thinking about getting that done, any idea how much it would be?

I've got a brown/tan leather Interior, would be great if the wheel it matched  s:D :D s:D

kanujunkie

pm Rhonsmr2 , she'll help you
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tags: