Blue illuminous dash!

Started by Anonymous, October 9, 2003, 09:53

Peter Laborne

More information, direct from the bloke responsable for the streetlights at Shropshire CC:

The County Council instigated trials using Ceramic Metal Halide (CDM) lamps and dimming technology in 1999/2000.

These were separate trials, not trials of dimming CDM's.

The CDM sites were in Roden Grove, Sungrove and Brook Drive in Wem and Ferndale Road and Hopton Drive in Shrewsbury.

The dimming sites were in Foxleigh Grove and Foxleigh Close, Wem, Applewood Heights and Applewood Close, West Felton and Moston Road and Shelton Roughs, Shrewsbury. The lighting, which is a 70w high pressure sodium light source, is set to dim between midnight and 6am to about 50% output.

Most recently CDM lighting has also been installed in Maesbrook Road and Chilton Close, Meole Brace, Shrewsbury.

All the trials have been working well with no reports of any accidents due to poor lighting.

If anyone wants to take a spin out there and take some photos for us to see, please do. Added to that if anyone is willing to make some first hand comments about the lights then please send them to me and I will pass them on to Shropshire CC.

Slacey

Thanks Peter, I'll take a run up there one evening and take a look (and a pic or two).
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: