Sub Enclosure for MR2 Mk3

Started by Anonymous, October 13, 2003, 13:16

Anonymous

Hi,

I currently have 2 * 12" subs and would like to install these into my MR2. I have a enclosure at the moment but it will not fit into the 'boot' space behind the seats...... Any ideas where I can get hold of a ultra small enclosure or any other ideas how I would get these fitted.....

Oh I've also bought a new CD player for my 03 MR2 as the one you get as standard is really.....er.......poor. I bought the head unit from Halfords and they were less than helpful when trying to buy a fascia adaptor to fit it into my car.... Anyway I tried my Toyota dealer who also said they do not do one but I did find a shop that did (£30).... The guys coming next week to install the head uniot for me... Just hope its the right fascia adaptor... It says its compatible with Avensis/Rav 4/MR2/Verso/Celica & Carolla..... its made by car sound supplies

Has anyone installed this adaptor before into a mark 3?

Cheers

Slacey

Hi 03Black, one of our other members, Coley, has just had a custom made enclosure for two 10" subs, I reckon the only way you will fit the 12's is with a custom job too.
As for the fascia adapter, the one you have bought should be OK, ones to fit the RAV4 should work in our cars. Oh, and I have an EU import, which came with a single DIN H/U..... with the obligatory fascia adapter, made and fitted by none other than Toyota themselves...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

I seriously doubt that you'll be able to fit a big enough box to give the required volume for 2 12" subs to work properly, and in such a small cabin, I really doubt you need them.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

GSB

Toyotas own kit for the MR2 is part number 08695-17040

This kit consists of:

brackets: 86211-17050 (Right Bracket) and 86212-17050 (Left Bracket)

Trim surround: 55423-17040

Spacers: 86221-52060 and 86221-52050.

And a number of screws and other odds and sods. you'll also need a DIN sized oddment tray to fill the gap below a single DIN head unit. I dont have the part number but its the one from tha dashboard of the new Celica.

Dont you just love Toyota parts people, They really know what they're talking about...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

You can fit 2 12's BUT

Is it worth it are they good subs ??? if so then yeah it is probbly worth it but if there not just go for a single good quailty one like  a Kicker L7 or JL new range W3

But to fit 2 12's you will need a lot of time patience and MDF !!!

But it can be done and has been done ! if you need any help you know where to come

Tags: