Crusing?

Started by Anonymous, October 14, 2003, 07:35

Anonymous

Has anyone had cruise control fitted on the 2 i cover loads and loads of motorway miles in mine and would loved to have had it as an option, er was it an option? Is it just a case of fitting a stalk or switch off of another toyota or do i need lots of sensors etc??

Slacey

I too have fancied this on my manual as I also do a lot of M-way, and I remember a few guys on SC having it fitted - a company called Monkeywrench Racing sell a kit I believe, not sure on the price but I don't fancy fitting it myself!
I'll see if I can dig up some info about it, but I'm sure it wasn't as simple as a switch!
Oh, and it wasn't a dealer option, either   s:( :( s:(
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Im glad i did not miss it on the options list, i too would not like to fit an aftermarket one myself, my friend has an audi A6 tdi 140 that he bought with aftermarket cruise control fitted and it looks well out of place!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Slacey

And here it is.... http://monkeywrenchracing.com/mr2_spyder_cruise_control_system.html
Works out to around £170 without shipping. You've got me interested again now   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

That looks great!!  Shame I've already covered 45k miles without one, I don't know if I can justify the cost now.. especially as I'm thinking of trading up in a little while.

Tags: