help/ japan parts

Started by worzy, January 29, 2007, 18:45

worzy

hi guys i ordered some parts from japan parts they have arived today. was well happy with the c one top strut and clear side indicators but i ordered these fog lamp garnish well i know it says garnish but when i looked at spydermagazine it showed the garnish the lamps and wiring loom. does anyone know where i can get the other bits from or shouold i try and ask japan parts if they are missin.

thanks for your help

ben

kanujunkie

ben, try e-mailing graham at japan parts, he'll be able to help best
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

if you mean the ones for teh stock pre-03 bumper then yes teh plastic trim and teh lamps themselves are sepereate items.

I think the part numbers may be on here somewhere
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

worzy

markii these are what i got i  m http://www.spydershopper.com/images/set1.jpg m  this is where i saw them with the fog lamps. i thionk i had to frill a hole in the bumper to fit them

ben

markiii

those are teh ones, lamps are one part number, plastic surrounds another
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

worzy

do u know the part number coz i cant find it

thanks ben

Peter Wright

Quote from: "worzy"do u know the part number coz i cant find it
thanks ben
m http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... 2&small=20 m
The fog lights are discontinued from Japanparts this is why I did not go ahead and order the set
I would have thought that you could look around and get something that will fit
Also did you know that the cut outs are already marked inside the bumper to make fitting easier
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Tem

Quote from: "Peter Wright"I would have thought that you could look around and get something that will fit

It's easy to get generic lights anywhere, you just have to figure out how to mount them. The fog lights that come with the kit have all the mounting hardware to keep the lights and the plastic ring in place. The lights hold the ring, the ring itself won't stay in there.

QuoteAlso did you know that the cut outs are already marked inside the bumper to make fitting easier

There are actually two marked lines, both look similar, but only the other one fits the curveness of the fog light plastics.  s:? :? s:?  No idea what the other is and you can't really figure it out before you've cut it.

Sorry, don't recall which one it was, but I can check it when I get to it..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

glenonoka

I have 2 new fog light kits that will fit the stage II front end, and they also work for the 00-02. 03-05 had a different set of fog lamps. They were expensive as you can see on the webpage. I am not sure whether these are the right ones that will mount up to the ring or not. I can check the part numbers on the box if you think you might be interested.
Just let me know.

worzy

peter hi mate how are u

thats what it said when i was lookin at them so i still ordered but its just the outer ring u could probably be able to get some if u wanted just need the part number for the rest of it plz someone help.

peter when is the next meet bud u comin should be soon this weekend maybe

ben

worzy

Quote from: "kanujunkie"ben, try e-mailing graham at japan parts, he'll be able to help best

do u know this email address for graham

ben

glenonoka

e mailto:gware@japanparts.com">gware@japanparts.com e

worzy

thanks mate i will email him tonight see what we can sort out thanks

ben

Anonymous

heres the fog lights , if that helps?

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-ROADST ... dZViewItem m

worzy

hi thanks for that mate i have checked it out n and i have compared it with the ones i see on spydermagazine n im not sure they are the same. i have no idea if they will fit or not so if any of you guys could give us an opinion i would appreciate it.

thanks guys

Ben

worzy

hi thanks for that mate i have checked it out n and i have compared it with the ones i see on spydermagazine n im not sure they are the same. i have no idea if they will fit or not so if any of you guys could give us an opinion i would appreciate it.

thanks guys

Ben

Tem

Quote from: "worzy"I'm not sure they are the same. i have no idea if they will fit or not so if any of you guys could give us an opinion i would appreciate it.

I don't think they are the same.

And it looks like they come without the brackets anyway, so you'd have to make them yourself.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

worzy

tem thats what i fort seems like tht could be a lot of work. i emailed japan parts tht graham never replied so i sent one just to japanparts if i dont hear anything will have to give them a call

ben

rtbiscuit

wasn't sure if i should start a new thread so i tapped it on to the end of this one. maybe the thread owner might like to change the title to front fogs or something.

well i went and bought a set of these fog light garnishes today, and now have to wait 15 days for them to arrive, i'm hoping they ahve the right colour, otherwise its yet another thing for me to repaint   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

will post up pics wheni get them and how i fitted them etc. (maybe thats when i should start the new thread ... i'll do a how to on fitting, i know tems done it, but i fancy creating a guide.  s:D :D s:D
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Tags: