Steering Wheel

Started by alancdavis, February 8, 2007, 13:34

alancdavis

Hi Every body,,,Once again back from Kazakhstan

Whist out there I got in a LADA taxi which had the best red and black steering wheelI have ever seen,

This wheel must have quadrupeled the value of the car !

So ,,,question is ,,,what is involved in swaping steering wheels and which wheel is recommended,,,,Will I need to lose the airbag ?
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

you'll lose the airbag unless you go for something like a top of the range raid one with in built airbag like i did on the porker, but your talking in excess of £500   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

you need a hub (best place takakaira) which will also nutralise ther airbag light, you can cheap ones but best going the takakiara route for simplicity

there will be a few guides on here as to how to do the job   s;) ;) s;)

kanujunkie

oh yes, and you'll need a pillow as well!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

didnt bother myself, nose has been broken twice already   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

see now i need the pillow to stop my good looks from being damaged
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

you been drinking matey?   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

s:( :( s:(  fair enough, once an ugly bugger, always an ugly bugger  s:( :( s:(
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Is it possible to install this one?

TRD 3-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel,w/SRS air bag, colors available ** OFF ROAD or SHOW CAR use ONLY, air bag deployment will not occur on impact, not suitable for street**

If it has an air bag, it must be possible to get it to work?

alancdavis

Well I have looked every where for a wheel,,,Halfords told me it is not legal to change the steering wheel,,,  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  ,,,,Ripspeed  we dont do wheels for toyotas,,,,  s:? :? s:?  ,,,,,,all the other car accesary shops,,blank looks and why do you want to change the wheel,,,  s:x :x s:x  

Best responce,,,,,partco,,,you will need to change the steering rack also   s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:  

Can any one come up with a positive responce    s:!: :!: s:!:  

Thanks in anticipation
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

yes, forget it  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Halfrauds employ idiots. FACT.

As Perry said, search the Takakiara site for the MOMO adaptor hub for the '2, and then pick any steering wheel you fancy (doesn't have to be a MOMO wheel as the hub is set for just about any type of wheel you care to pick).

rtbiscuit

i thought you just need a steering wheel boss, then you can fit what you like on it.

have you tried demon tweeks,  not the cheapest by a long shot but they do most things.
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Liz

Is it just the colour of it you liked or was it a specific shape?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

markiii

Quote from: "Ekona"Halfrauds employ idiots. FACT.

As Perry said, search the Takakiara site for the MOMO adaptor hub for the '2, and then pick any steering wheel you fancy (doesn't have to be a MOMO wheel as the hub is set for just about any type of wheel you care to pick).

the takakira isn't a momo it's there own and is actually better than the momo
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "alancdavis"Well I have looked every where for a wheel,,,Halfords told me it is not legal to change the steering wheel,,,  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

The Halfords up by mine offer a steering wheel fitting service. They are, however, a bunch of numpties like the restof them. One guy seems to know his stuff, but as usual he is the most junior one there while his superiors 'pretend' to know a lot but really have no clue.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "Ekona"Halfrauds employ idiots. FACT.

As Perry said, search the Takakiara site for the Momo adaptor hub for the '2, and then pick any steering wheel you fancy (doesn't have to be a Momo wheel as the hub is set for just about any type of wheel you care to pick).

the takakira isn't a momo it's there own and is actually better than the momo

Really? I got mine from there and it was definitely a Momo (the box was covered in Momo writing and the instructions alluded to this as well). I take it Takakiara sell two hubs then, one of their own and the Momo one?

markiii

interesting, I'll find teh link for you but definatley not momo
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

That's weird then. I think I've still got the box in the garage as well, I'll try and dig it out in a bit.

alancdavis

How do I contact Takakiara   s:?: :?: s:?:  

Responce to Liz,,,,,I would like a red and black wheel ,,,the shape is not to important   s:) :) s:)

aaronjb

m http://www.takakaira.com/ m

Google is amazing, really.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

markiii

right here is teh hub you want

m https://www.takakaira.com/asp/table.asp?cat=3&id=142 m

it retains teh indicator self cancel, and cures teh aibag warning light.

by way of example take a look at the DT website for a wide variety of wheels, any of which will work.

m http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... lgrp=RD004 m

it's easy really

Liz

Quote from: "alancdavis"Responce to Liz,,,,,I would like a red and black wheel ,,,the shape is not to important   s:) :) s:)

Could you not just get yours recovered?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: