Custom Install (Pics)

Started by Jap GT300, November 10, 2003, 07:26

Jap GT300

I'm almost Finished I just have to mount the screen for the DVD Player and finish wiring the amp (RockFord 600 A4)

What do you think ?
Adam

Slacey

Bloody hell Adam, did you do this yourself?! I'm impressed   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Anyway, looks good - that sub in the middle looks an evil b*stard!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

BOOM BOOM!

Is the texture around the HU floor mats or...?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Jap GT300

The stuff round the HU is the same as round the speakers.  Its audio carpet, very thin.  I used an adhesive spray can to stick it all to the 1/2" MDF.

I did make it all myself and am in the process of doing a second for Kerries 2'.  That will be made of fibre glass though and sprayed.

Anonymous

is that DVD from Ebay??

oh and what make is the sub spec etc

nice install not the kinda thing you can park in a car park tho   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Jap GT300

All of the audio is sourced myself.  I get very good discounts from Audio Labs.

The DVD player is Audio Labs US (Origin Malaysia, plays everydisc going WMA, MP3, VCD etc...)

6x9 Max out 450W, Ltd Ed. Audio Labs US (Huge magnet, Much louder than my previous Pioneer 350w & Rockford 180w which both blew)

The Sub is Vibe sourced through Audio labs 600W 10" (I have not had this running yet as I burnt out both my amps)

I have installed a Rockford 600 A4 to run all the speakers.  The DVD has front out, rear out, sub out, aux.  It also has an input which means I can run the Pioneer 9100R DEH in sequence (I dont have a switching module yet though)

I also have a jspec Nav pod which is mad for a 7.2 widescreen, however the audiolabs one which I bought has too big a casing to fit   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

I may make a custom pod to house it from fibre glass.

Anonymous

QuoteI may make a custom pod to house it from fibre glass.

i done this ages ago and it's easy to do just make sure you mask everything first and use silver sticky tape!

LeeUK

Where have you placed the amps??   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I like the placement of the speakers.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Jap GT300

I have one amp which is placed behind the passenger seat.  It is upright below the install.

Anonymous

We have just ripped a similar abortion out of my daughter's car and thrown it on the tip, since nothing lined up properly in it and it was stuck in place with - I ask you- VELCRO. Complete abortion and amateurism in the extreme which spoiled the car. From the pics shown, your two speakers are at different angles and misaligned, too, just like ours were.
Biggest problem was it made it impossible to get the panel out quickly to store any luggage, as had to flip BOTH seats forward, and it reduced the already small luggage space to ludricously small proportions.
The radio works fine with the better speakers we had fitted in the doors.

Jap GT300

I know how to use a tape measure.

BTW The MR2 is a Japanese sports car.

Anonymous

I wonder why you find it necessary to say that the MR2 is a Japanese sportscar? What's the point? I knew that of course, it has all this Japanese writing stuff stuck here and there all over mine, and Toyota are in JAPAN, I've read it somewhere.
If you measured the distances right, then it looks like you didn't install them straight. Look at the pics you have put up. The right speaker is leaning forward, the left one is leaning back. Hence my comment.  Certainly looks dodgy and in need of straightening up. Usually other people can see things the fitter didn't, there's always a temptation to say "I did it, therefore it is great". Only being constructive, have a fiddle about and make it look finished.
Can't see how it stays in place and opens to put luggage in? Please tell me it isn't  another one with velcro.

MRMike

Even if the speakers are slightly out of alignment, which i dont think they are, (more to do with camera angle).. so what? I doubt Jap will be putting hardly any luggage back there so with the seats in their upright poisition almost all the time, and the music playing I wouldn't be worried.
I think it looks an absolutely top notch job and wish I had the confidence and skill to do something like that. I daren't remove my drip tray.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

here here   s:!: :!: s:!:

Slacey

I've seen a bit of Adams projects over the year, and nothing has been botched or second-rate - as Mike said it is probably the camera angle. Personally I have no reason to believe it is a messy install. No idea about the velcro though  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Hah! I get it.
The correct comment on here appears to be just one of -
SUPER!
SMASHING!
GREAT!
Well unfortunately I better say I did not grow up liking BULLSEYE.

filcee

smr2ley,

Would you post some pics, please?  I'd like to compare.  Also, you mentioned upgraded speakers in your daughter's car.  Which make/model are you using, and with which head unit?  As I'm about the replace my H/U, upgraded speakers may follow.

[edit] Just realised - you probably don't have all that stuff installed any more   s:oops: :oops: s:oops: .  So, if you have any old pictures of it, would you post some please? (Now I'm off to make coffee and wake up ... sorry   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ) [/edit]
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Slacey

Quote from: "smr2ley"Hah! I get it.
SUPER!
SMASHING!
GREAT!
No, not particularly - I commented that the install was probably a good one, not that the thing as a whole was the nuts. Personally I don't like the centre sub, too much for my liking, but the rest I think is neat.

aaronjb

Quote from: "smr2ley"Hah! I get it.
SUPER!
SMASHING!
GREAT!
Well unfortunately I better say I did not grow up liking BULLSEYE.

Indeed, you didn't seem to grow up at all.. Just because a few people don't agree with your comments on the speaker install, doesn't mean we are all simply being mindlessly sycophantic.

Anyhow - I've looked at those pics, and it looks to me like it's just a trick of the camera angle too, of course I could be wrong. It'd still be a bit much for my tastes mind, I seem to make a lot of use of the storage bins behind the seats, so I'm always opening & closing them - which is why I was looking at the under dash sub that Tem posted about.

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: