rear spoiler

Started by alancdavis, March 4, 2007, 22:09

alancdavis

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/99-05-Toyota-MR2- ... dZViewItem m

What do we think of this    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

northernalex

not as good as the spoilerdepot one.. and kinda the same price when you factor in spraying etc.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Liz

I like it  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

rtbiscuit

not bad!

i can't make my mind up on spoilers!

i do like the TRC on, its similar to the vm180
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

like it also   s:D :D s:D

Chris_h

I like it, but think you would need some other bits of bodykit and perhaps a twin / or larger exhaust to match the look.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

i have ordered the spoiler depot one, about £146 painted and delivered. was quoted £65 locally if i bought an unpainted one for spraying, plus it has the rear brake light  s:) :) s:)

m http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 158&rd=1,1 m

Tem

The one in the first link is also a copy of the Toyota Japan OEM wing, just like the spoilerdepot one. It just comes without the brake light.

Btw, Erebuni was selling those at $50 and the pic is from Erebuni's site...so it looks like the seller is trying to make a nice profit.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Leeber

I'd be interestd to know which spoiler (if any) is most efficient at producing downforce.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

rtbiscuit

i'm guessing one of those big carbon wings
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Anonymous

We need downforce.. but only at the front. Wings for the 2s are overrated.

evileye_wrx

Some say the TTE sport spoiler provides real downforce but when I took mine off I didn't notice any loss of handling. As Simon says a wind splitter on the front of the car is going to be more useful. Rear spoilers imho are for pose value for ricers like me   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

northernalex

right, where do we find a good wind splitter?  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Some say the TTE sport spoiler provides real downforce but when I took mine off I didn't notice any loss of handling. As Simon says a wind splitter on the front of the car is going to be more useful. Rear spoilers imho are for pose value for ricers like me   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil

from TTE quotes this spoiler of theres does create downforce! how much i dont know but when i had mine installed i did notice a difference

the way i see it, the TTE guys take there applicationns seriously and i dont belive they have created a spoiler simply for looks!

Anonymous

Quote from: "simontan75"We need downforce.. but only at the front. Wings for the 2s are overrated.

has anyone actually done testing on alot of these wings?! seems to me we have alot of 2's with alot of power and im guessing that a majority of these wing s werent design and tested!

did they have access to wind tunnels etc?!

i agree with simon!

i think APR does some universal do front bumper canards?! might look good on yours simon!

Anonymous

Chris, I can get the CF splitters for our 2s. That's not a problem for us. Remember I told you about the GT300 turbo MR-S in Singapore that's rated at 300+wrhp? You can basically turn the steering left-right-left and it will still do straightline at 160km/h. Too much downforce on the rear, the front lifted till the steering becomes so 'light'.

For any rear-biased car like the 2 with majority of the weight at the rear, wings are pointless.

Yes you are right Chris, APR does the universal front bumper canards. Check the build by RAW from SC on his APR 2zz turbo, and you can see the canards in action.

Here's the LINK.

My good friend grumpy from SC noted sometime ago that he could get a local fabricator to do up a front canard like the APR for the 2. People who are interested can PM him, and perhaps Corky can make one from aluminium like the C-One front panel that extends out of the front bumper.

I can see how it would look on my GT300.   s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"from TTE quotes this spoiler of theres does create downforce! how much i dont know but when i had mine installed i did notice a difference

the way i see it, the TTE guys take there applicationns seriously and i dont belive they have created a spoiler simply for looks!

Chris, perhaps the TTE spoiler does produce downforce. Perhaps enough at cruising speed to provide better control. But I don't think it's enough for serious usage on track/drag race/competition level. To get functional downforce on the 2, a wing would need to be as high as the soft/hardtop. Any spoiler/wing that extends less than 3" vertically will not create any sizeable downforce. We don't travel 160km/h or more all the time now do we? Without obscene speed, wings are as good as those on an ostrich.

Anonymous

Quote from: "simontan75"Chris, perhaps the TTE spoiler does produce downforce. Perhaps enough at cruising speed to provide better control.

thats the point i was trying to get across, i definitly dont think its been designed for track use  

on the other hand, TTE did use the TTET on the Nurburgring for some development   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  just a thought!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Leeber

I can't for the life of me see how the TTE jobby would produce any downforce at all. It looks too far forward to get any decent airflow over it. Much like a wing, the downforce is proportional to the surface area, angle of attack and speed of the airflow. On all three counts it looks seriously lacking to be of any real use. I'm not saying it doesn't look nice, I just can't see how it has any functionality at all.
I\'m Pink, Therefore I\'m Spam.

roger

The TRD one gives you at least another 5BHP   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  proved with the wet finger test.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "bossman23780"clicky

Ok Chris, I'm not saying you or TTE is wrong. I'm just speculating here. A moving vehicle will have an area of extreme low pressure on its body. For the 2, this area of vacuum occurs somewhere between the rear screen and the 3rd brake light (That's why there are vents at the decklid so that hot air will rise up from the engine bay to fill the vacuum spot, while cooler air rushes in from the bottom of the 2. The stock 2 has very efficient cooling technology). So basically there isn't any moving air at that vacuum spot, so imagine what a spoiler at the location would do? Basically nothing.

Now that's with a top. But now imagine going convertible. Uh huh things are now different. If you do so, a spoiler like TTE's that's located near the 3rd brake light will produce downforce. So TTE's not lying. Take a look at the link you posted. Did you see the 2 with its top on?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

roger

Marketing ?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

i presumed the top wasnt on because they wanted to show there roll bar   s:P :P s:P  

that is there publicity piccy   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "roger"Marketing ?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

BS you mean?   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

Whatever it is, we can argue all we want. But if I ever get a spoiler for the 2, it would purely for aesthetic reason. Downforce, upforce or parcelforce notwithstanding, TTE spoiler does get my vote for one of the more elegant spoiler piece. The Germans have an eye for beauty it seems.

Tags: