How can I remove Cig. lighter for push start engine button

Started by Anonymous, November 20, 2003, 05:54

Anonymous

Somebody please tell me how I can remove Cig. lighter sockket.
I'm trying to put push start button in that position.
I finished wiring up but I couldn't take that thing out.
Somebody help me~~~~please~~

Anonymous

they cant be that hard - must be a nack to it. i had mine replaced at the weekend and it took half an hour from start to finish.

Im  going to the dealers this weekend anyway, so if the technician is about i will ask him how he done it.

Tem

There might be an easier way, but this is how I did it.

Remove the plastics from the center console feet, first the bottom piece, then the bigger one. Remove the stereo thingy. Then you can remove the ashtray+lighter thingy. Once you have the whole thing in your hand, it should be easy to remove the lighter.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

there's two lugs either side on the socket on the ligther push them in and pull it out and disconted the wires   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

to get to the lugs you can put your hand under the lighter and reach it from there

Anonymous

Finally, I finished it!!!
It was hard...But, don't need to go to the dealer, or take out whole stereo or anything.

Do it from the passenger side. There is nothing you can do from the front of the cig. lighter. You have to do everthing from the back side of the cig. lighter. So, from passenger side, you can see better.
0. check the wires, and location of the lighter from the back side of panel
1. pull out the wires.  just pull. it was easy..
2. pull out the plastic cover which surround the back ligher toward to front sied of the car. There will be another plastic cover remaining. Don't pull that one yet.
3. Find a small thin screw driver, not a philips.
4. If you look at the botton of the remaining plastic cover from the back side, there will be a small (5mm wide) gap.
5. put your small screw driver into the gap and push toward to back side of your car. Don't push too far. While you push it, look inside of the lighter from the front side of the lighter hall, then you will see the lugs are seperating from the lighter.
6. As soon as the lugs are seperated, push the metal part of the lighter toward back side of your car. You have to keep pushing the screw driver to seperate the lugs.
7. now, there will be a plastic cover remaining. just tilt it and push toward to back side of the car then it will be easily removed.

I hope this will help...
It took me a couple hours, but I figured it out by myself.......
Good luck guy~

Tags: