Spark Plugs

Started by Comer, June 10, 2003, 12:05

Comer

Has anyone tried different spark plugs on their '2.  Are there any alternatives to the stock ones?

I've used NGK, Champion etc on previous cars and there were no noticeable difference in performance but they tended to last a fair bit longer.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I know you can get Iridium TRD ones, but i think they are around £15+ EACH!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Not sure how much of a difference they would make?

Comer

Of course I forgot about TRD I've just seen them on the Fensport website.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

how many spark plugs do we need ???

and how do you fit them ???
i know there electrical but they dont produce sound so i havent got a clue ??

i know you need a special spanner to take them out but i cant see them they must be under the plastic trim am i write??? cant even see the HT lead !   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

markiii

Iridium plugs (made for toyota by denso) are standard equipment. There is some debate as to whether they are better than platinum or just last longer.

However there is a reason to have plugs that last a long time and I'm tempted to say have them changed by the dealer.

The roadster has individual direct ignition coils mounted above each plug, these are quite delicate and hence why you can't see the plug. At least if MrT balls it up they have to pay for it. Not sure I'd want to risk doing my own.

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   Markii not gona do it   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

F*ck that then im not even gona try   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   Must be very very hard LOL

Cheers for the advise   s:D :D s:D

Tags: