Is it just me??!!

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2003, 22:08

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Emmanuel"It's supposed to be some really soft cloth on one side which does not cause these "car wash" scratches.

I always thought those are cause by starting to wash the paintwork when it has some loose dirt on it...I always get rid of them with a pressure washer before actually starting to wash the car. Don't have any special sponges and no scratches either...
Ditto
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

aaronjb

Well - the car just had it's first wash ..   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Only 6 weeks after buying it.. Ahem..

Not too many streaks either - yay - although I did manage to wash the kitchen floor (came back in to find a large puddle, and a nice waterfall off the counter top where the hose-tap joint was spraying water out, oops)

Even cleaned & polished the windows, lights & TTE exhaust tips  s:D :D s:D  and blacked the wheels.

Yay  s:) :) s:)

Of course, the downside was that I opened the garage and looked at my poor neglected 300ZX, which really really needs a wash (and the oil leaks sorting, and then selling, really..  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  )  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "aaronjb"Well - the car just had it's first wash ..   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  Only 6 weeks after buying it.. Ahem..

I'm with you aaronjb, had mine 2 and a half months and only washed her 3 times, mind you in that time i've done over 4,000 miles  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  perhaps i should stop driving her and wash her a bit!    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Mt baby will be due her first wash on Friday ready to fit the kit, but having noticed how easily the dash gets those 'scratch/white' looking marks jusy touching it half the time,  I was wondering what you guys/gals use on the interior?  
As its matt rather then a sheen I wouldnt have thought the usual cockpit shine or similar cleaners would be practicial

thoughts/experiences?

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"thoughts/experiences?

I use the auto-glym vinyl and rubber care spray.  It seems to coat it with a silicone like layer, so it does shine it a bit... but not too much, and does blacken it quite nicely.

Apparently (according to the blurb on the back) you can lessen the shine (which imho isn't to bad anyway) by using a damp cloth.

Beware though, if you've got black leather seats, and get any overspray/blown spray on the seats... you'll end up having to treat those as well or they look a bit shabby.

Anonymous

Autoglym Fast Glass is good for a clean, matt, no-residual finish on interior plastics.  That or a slghtly damp leather after you have dried the outside.

No, I'm not kidding about the Fast Glass, it's actually recommended on the pack.

Andy

Tags: