Any Audio Experts Out There?

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2007, 17:59

Anonymous

I'm no audio expert so am looking for a bit of advice please.

I replaced my front speakers some time ago with some Focal 165a components (with cross overs etc) and have since also replaced the OEM head unit for a Pioneer single-din 4x50w DEH-P5800MP.

I've also now removed my rear storage doors for a totally seperate reason so I now have the rear locker space open to the cockpit and would like to make use of it and fit some speakers in there. Does anyone have any recomendations?

I don't have an amp and don't intend getting one so I'm just looking for some good quality speakers to compliment the fronts and the head unit, but I won't need component ones this time I presume?

Cheers  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

if you have a decent component set upfront theres no need to have speakers at the back really and truely as our cars are so small, but if you want to put speakers there, another component set would be good or just a set of Pioneer: TS-A2511 - 25cm speakers or if you are on a budget GTx173HP - 16.5cm speakers, should provide high quality audio at a reasonable price, any more questions pm me mate i hope that helps

Anonymous

and a small amp would do wonders mate, 4 x 50MAX is not really much at all, you wont be getting the most out of your components  s:) :) s:)

markiii

personally I'd get some compenents mids, don't bother with teh tweeters

all you really need is mid range fill.

best to leave teh tweeter focus from up front
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"personally I'd get some compenents mids, don't bother with the tweeters

all you really need is mid range fill.

best to leave the tweeter focus from up front

Quite a few speaker manufacturers (MB Quart) for example have a set of outputs on the crossover for this exact purpose. "Rear Acoustic Fill" is what they call it.

Anonymous

Thanks to all those who've replied with advice  s:D :D s:D

loadswine

I would agree that a decent set of components is enough if they are fitted well , have sound deadening material in the doors and have a decent head unit. Then if you turn the wick up, it has a better chance of staying crisp and clear.
A little help from a fairly decent 2 channel amp will help to keep the sound distortion free at loud volumes.
I just run a pair of components in the front doors and am very pleased with the sound. I wasn't after any "pavement pleasing" effects.
If you want a bit more bass though, the advice so far seems pretty good.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

To be honest I don't really know what it is I'm looking for  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

The problem I find is hood down and at decent speeds I just struggle to hear or make out the sound clearly without turning the volume up so much that I get the 'pavement pleasing' effect which I definitely don't want!

Because the front speakers are pretty much down by your feet I just thought some rear speakers would get a bit of sound nearer to my ears but from my understanding of what some of you are saying is it an amp I need???

markiii

I'd suggest a sub

it's teh bass frequencies you tend to loose at speed
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: