CD Changer

Started by dancarbon, June 12, 2003, 13:32

dancarbon

Hi

Am thinking of fitting a CD changer in Mr.2, have found some for about £120 which I think is pretty reasonable.

But I can't think where will be the best place for it to live, any suggestions? (keep it clean). Where does the factory fit it?

Cheers
DC
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

I've stuck mine in the glove box, mainly because I'm too lazy to fit it properly - but it works ok and there is just enough room - mine is a sony 6 disc changer which you should be able to get for <£100

J

Anonymous

If I had one I reckon I'd mount it on the rear bulkhead inside the passenger side storage bin, or possibly in the glove box if it fit.

The front bin isn't 100% water proof so I'd be wary of putting anything in there.

--H--

Hope4Sun

CD
I had the Sony one fitted from the factory (well the dealer fitted it, ya knew what i meant  s;) ;) s;)  ), it was mounted behind the drivers seat in the rear compartment, they used velcro to fastern it to the back wall, so you could unplug it and take it out easily if you needed to.

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

markiii

on the centre tunnel of the rear compartments, that way your luggage will still fit.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

depending no size of teh 6 disc under the steering coloum nice big hidy hole but make a mounting bracket and make sure it can work upside down as you wont be able to eject the cartrage   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

I've been bought a CDX 656  10 disc changer for my birthday today - subtle hint for the gearknob went ignored!!  and it has a din socket and 2 phono leads - can't make out from my destruction manual with the stereo whether this is compatible or not, anyone can help me, and I still need the rubber bit for my stereo control, HELP!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

It should be.  Sony haven't changed their CD interface for ages - which is nice of them isn't it?

J

Liz

Quote from: "Jimbob"It should be.  Sony haven't changed their CD interface for ages - which is nice of them isn't it?

J

Damn considerate!!  Thanks for that!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

dancarbon

I asked some online vendors about compatibility and that model came up okay. So where are you going to mount it Liz?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"I've been bought a CDX 656  10 disc changer for my birthday today

Hi there.

I think I have that exact same changer, although I have a non-toyota Sony headunit to go with it.

my changer is behind the drivers seat in the luggage bin, as that's the bin I use the least. (damn those seats for not remembering what position they were last in!)

The installers stuck it down horizontally with velcro, so that the magazine slots in from the front of the car to the back - but because the unit is so deep, and the bin is a strange shape, it kept drooping at the front.

I had to use the original supplied brackets in the end, and screw it into the back of the luggage bin... and no trouble so far!

Good luck!
Tim.

Anonymous

How about an "In Dash Changer" especially as we have double din (if aftermarket h/u).

Do Sony make one of these as i've just bought a new H/U and would like a changer also.

dancarbon

Quote from: "bigun007"How about an "In Dash Changer" especially as we have double din (if aftermarket h/u).

Do Sony make one of these as i've just bought a new H/U and would like a changer also.

Security would be my doubt about this, I've already had one Sony head ripped out (literally  s:( :( s:(  ) and wouldn't want to tempt anyone, I'm already anxious enough about having had the same Sony head fitted back in there as it's only security feature is a fisher price tray on the front.

Tags: