Rear window sticker

Started by Anonymous, December 15, 2003, 12:27

Anonymous

Hi guys/gals

Does anyone know how to get "The car in front is a Toyota" sticker off? I have put an extra club windscreen sticker on the Bama deflector, but I don't want to see the MrT one as well when looking in the rear-view mirror.
I did this some time ago but slacey's post has reminded me to ask the question.

s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Erm... pull it off.

Anonymous

phil

The garage's own one peeled off easily but the Toyota one is a bastard to even lift an edge.

Anonymous

in the style of field of dreams:

"if you pull it.  it will come".

Anonymous

Cheers phil

I'll attack the sticker with a pair of pliers.

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "phil4"Erm... pull it off.

Get your missus to give it a good yank. It will come and you will have a smile on your face   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Try heating it with a hair dryer first this method works on decals fitted to motorbike fairings.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"Get your missus to give it a good yank. It will come and you will have a smile on your face   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
What about the gooey residue though?!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

errr, I'll get me coat   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

markiii

WD40
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Sundance"
Quote from: "Peter Laborne"Get your missus to give it a good yank. It will come and you will have a smile on your face   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)
Best to use the orange based sticker remover spray; this will remove the lot without damaging.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "Sundance"

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Someone has managed to lower the conversation lower than me   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Dave W and all you other guys

Thank god I didn't need to drag the missus into the garage last night  s:!: :!: s:!:   Dave's suggestion of using a hair dryer was spot on. Cheers. Once the sticker had been softened I was able to peel up a corner and it came off easily. A little bit of glass cleaner should remove the "sticky residue".

BTW
Other drivers don't need to be told that the car that has just sped past them is a Toyota (even some of the de-badged Roadsters). That's the other reason for removing the sticker.

Pics follow shortly.

Regards
  s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

One of the first things I always do when taking delivery of a new car is to remove their horrible stickers from the window.

They don't pay me to advertise their garage!

Tags: