Yellow side vents

Started by Peter Wright, December 23, 2003, 16:26

Peter Wright

Thinking of spraying the side vents yellow to match the calipers, seats and headlights what do you think or can someone colour over the silver for me to see what it looks like as I do not have the know how  

Pete   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

mph

Do you have the orig or '03 vents out of interest? It's a good idea though - where's those photoshop experts - chop chop!   s:) :) s:)
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

zud

Before the picture came up I thought "Noooo!!"
But after looking at the picture, I think yellow should look pretty good...  better than silver.  

Personally, i'd probably go for the colour coded '03 ones... but then i wouldn't have been bold enough to go for the yellow headlights, callipers and seats in the first place!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

i think it would look good but you have got silver on your frt bumper so its kind of a match with the vents unless you paint the silver bits yellow as well.

dancarbon

Quote from: "Peter Wright"can someone colour over the silver for me to see what it looks like as I do not have the know how
Here you go:

Not my cup of tea though.

DC
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Quite like it Peter!

Anonymous

I agree with jonboy, it will look better with front grille painted as well.

Anonymous

looks ok keeps the yellow through out the car

Anonymous

I think it looks better yellow than Silver & must agree that the front grill needs to be yellow as well.     s:) :) s:)

MR2Blue

I don't want to offend any body, each to their own and all that but I don't like it at all, looks like a wasp to me.......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I hated it when i saw the first pics many moons ago but it has definately grown on me. I love it now       s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

yep IMHO looks good, but front would make it complete

good on ya for daring to be different!  :-) :-) :-)

heathstimpson

I like it because its the colours of my rugby tean; Wasps. Should have picked those shades myself...  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I like it because its the colours of my rugby tean; Wasps. Should have picked those shades myself...  s8) 8) s8)

I ant saying nothing GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Beat us 40+ 0 wasnt best pleased   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   but once i come back from xmas the scareys will be back   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

What are those wheels?  First time I've seen larger wheels that I like the look of.  (What do they weigh  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Buster"
Quote from: "heathstimpson"I like it because its the colours of my rugby tean; Wasps. Should have picked those shades myself...  s8) 8) s8)

I ant saying nothing GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Beat us 40+ 0 wasnt best pleased   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   but once i come back from xmas the scareys will be back   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Saracens eh  s:?: :?: s:?:  Do you travel to Watford then  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I'm sorry, I think those headlights look absolutely SHITE.

I bet it has never occurred to you how difficult it will be, one day, to sell that car looking like that.

Anonymous

Mmmmm  nothing quite like constructive criticism  s:? :? s:?  , possibly "not really to my taste" might have been more appropriate?  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Peter Wright

QuoteI'm sorry, I think those headlights look absolutely SHITE.

Dear Perry

Thank you very much for you extreme constructive criticism but after having the MR2 for nearly three years I got bored with how it looked so I am trying to make my car look different and unique and I quite like the yellow headlights
However I am spraying them different for next JAE which I hope you will attend so you can tell me what you think
No offence taken or received thats what this forum is all about    s:D :D s:D  

QuoteWhat are those wheels? First time I've seen larger wheels that I like the look of. (What do they weigh  )

Jonney

The wheels are Fox racing alloys I chose them cause they are nearest to the stock wheels in 5 spoke as I could find in 17" not sure about the weight but they seem about the same as stock will try and find out the actual weight

Quotei think it would look good but you have got silver on your frt bumper so its kind of a match with the vents unless you paint the silver bits yellow as well.

Jonboy and those who commented

Have also got silver on the back grill and on the plastics by the wipers so I think it would look too much if all were yellow    s:D :D s:D  

Many thanks to everones input

And may I take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year and lets hope this forum goes from strengh to strengh in the new year

Kind regards everybody

Pete  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peter Wright
Dear Perry

Thank you very much for you extreme constructive criticism [/quote
no criticism from me matey?

Peter Wright

Quoteno criticism from me matey?

Sorry Perry

Meant smr2ley  LOL   s:D :D s:D  

Pete   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

no probs matey  :-) :-) :-)   thought thats what you meant   s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

Although I look at this site a lot I don't respond or post very much and I have to say the main reason for this is I disapprove of the often rude and opinionated remarks some users make! Everybody's tastes are different and I think we should all respect that. I wholly agree with Perry190's quote:

'Mmmmm nothing quite like constructive criticism, possibly "not really to my taste" might have been more appropriate?

Cheers, and a happy new year to all....

Steve.

dimwit

I dont think it looks bad at all, nice to see you try something different..
I've gone for a black hardtop with a red 2'..   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

how easy or not is it to paint the lights.i am thinking about doing mine in silver to macth the car but dont wanna screw it up?????

Tags: