Hardtop

Started by Anonymous, December 23, 2003, 20:22

Anonymous

Went to buy a hardtop from my dealer and they said they wouldnt sell me one as the car body has to be strenthend to accept the extra weight of the hardtop,and you can only order one when buying new .Is this correct?

Anonymous

s:!: :!: s:!:  

Nah.

filcee

Nope - but you do need the fitting kit (see threads elsewhere).

The only wieght difference in the owners handbook is if you have SMT - it's a bit heavier 'cos there's a man in the back working the gears for you  s:) :) s:) .  Nothing at all about the extra weight added by strengthening the car ready to accept a hardtop.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

markiii

find another dealer, yours went to teh Jim Henson school of customer service
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Thats what i thought but they will not sell me one

markiii

too be honest they will be so expensive I wouldn't bother anyway.

theres loads of threads on here about it, have a read theres mucho cheaper options.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Dealer prices for JUST the hard top are about £2k+VAT!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Like the others say, look elsewhere for a hard top and go to another dealer for the fitting kit.

Details of the fitting guide and parts needed (for pre 03 model*) are here:

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/files/hardtop.pdf m

* the 03 models have different internal panels (in colour anyway) to the older model which the guide is based on.

Tags: