ipod to fisher price head unit

Started by Anonymous, December 26, 2007, 19:27

Anonymous

I've done some searching here but can't find a definitive answer.  Is there a simple way to hardwire my ipod into the stock stereo?  Or at last fairly simple?  Any help gratefully received.  Thanks.  I've a late 2002/52.

NorthandSouth

Mike bought me a little box that plugs into the headphone socket of my ipod and then transmits through the radio after tuning it in to a spare channel.  Brilliant sound and really easy to use.  

Mike said you can get them in places like maplins or independent mobile phone shops.

Lynne
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

enid_b

joss you want something called a connects2 adapter.

loads of them on ebay or try  w www.connects2.com w

they used to be about 70 quid (when i bought mine) but they can be found for about 20-30 ish now.

it works by plugging a lead into the cd changer socket of the fisher price, then connecting to the connect2 box, and the other wire goes into ur ipod. it works a treat, sound quality is v good, and its small so u can hide it all behind the stereo.

ps you can stash your ipod in the glove box so there is nothing for the dirty thieves to see.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Anonymous

Thank you.  I will try the connects2.  I have a transmitter thingy but the sound quality is ok at best and clear frequencies disappear the minute you approach south-east London.  Which I do a lot.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year,

Joss

enid_b

the beauty with the connects2 joss is that it is hard wired into the ipod. so there is NO loss of sound quality.

they are as cheap as chips now.

just be warned. its advertised as 'full control' of your ipod from the head unit. i didnt find this to be the case, and often found it easier to set the album etc from the ipod.

if your on a long journey, then you could make a playlist up of the albums you want to listen to en route.

good luck.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

Tags: